Steeda Pentar Wheels

JeepsterSC

I am contemplating this set of wheels for my SC and wanted to check with someone in the know for any potential fitment issues. They are 18 x 9.5 x 28 mm offset 6.375 backspace. I think they should fit (once i swap to the mustang hubs of course) because the cobra R's on my whife's SC are 9 inch with a 36 mm offset which translates to a 6.42 inch backspace and they just barely clear the spindle

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SDA-013-0006-28/

They will stick out I believe...Thats a fox body offset...Ive tried before and it just doesnt work well..And sn95 offset at 30mm+ a bit is still pushing it even on an 8 inch rim

9.5" with 6.37" will clear the spindles, you can't really go inside any further. But that will be right out on the edge of the fender on the outside ... 9.5" is pretty much maxed out on the front for wheel width on stock MN-12 fenders.

The offset number gets lower as the wheel width get bigger, to keep the same backspacing.

cheers
Ed N.

Those are pretty cool. You may want to roll the fenders in the back, other than that they will fit fine and give the car a good aggressive look. If you want a picture reference, look at my garage. Fronts are 18x9.5 +20 offset and rears are 18x9.5 +15, with 255/45/18 tires.

If you want a picture reference, look at my garage. Fronts are 18x9.5 +20 offset and rears are 18x9.5 +15, with 255/45/18 tires.

I like the way your wheels look. I don't think they stick out too much at all and yours have a little more offset than mine.are thsoe 1.5 inch lowering springs on your car?

I like the way your wheels look. I don't think they stick out too much at all and yours have a little more offset than mine.are thsoe 1.5 inch lowering springs on your car?

I have the 2" Jamex springs on my car. They're too soft but were the only option for lowering 2".

my 255 rub a tad in the front with a 17*8 and 30mm offset...Dont take my word for it!..And they are definitely 30mm as they are 1999 cobra factory rims...So there is no mistaking the offset or size

Last edited:
Back