air dam

90coug

Does anyone know if the 94-95 supercoupes have an air dam? Not to be confused with the valance.

Thanks,

-Bryce

Last edited:
Hey Bryce,

Yes and no.. It is designed differently from the early models.. My uber low mileage '94 has everything in-tact.. I'll take a pic and post it up here for ya later tonight.

There are two rubber air "grabbers" off of the radiator, one that clips onto the passenger side railing of the radiator, and one that clips onto the driver's side intercooler bracket. those seal the radiator and A/C condensor together, then i belive there is a felt-like shroud that goes around the A/C condensor.. i'll have to look. I just upgraded the radiator in the new '94 SC to an aluminum one, so i was just in there.

Jeramie

Hey Bryce,

Yes and no.. It is designed differently from the early models.. My uber low mileage '94 has everything in-tact.. I'll take a pic and post it up here for ya later tonight.

There are two rubber air "grabbers" off of the radiator, one that clips onto the passenger side railing of the radiator, and one that clips onto the driver's side intercooler bracket. those seal the radiator and A/C condensor together, then i belive there is a felt-like shroud that goes around the A/C condensor.. i'll have to look. I just upgraded the radiator in the new '94 SC to an aluminum one, so i was just in there.

Jeramie

So it's the felt-like shroud I'm curious about along with the long skinny plastic part that sits at the bottom, under the valance. Is that felt on both sides of the radiator support and do you have an air dam under the valance?

I didn't even know there were two rubber air grabbers, I'll have to look and see if I got those.

Thanks for your help,

Bryce

I guess there is no air dam.. at least there isn't one on my '94..

Jeramie

Attachments

• IMG_0079.JPG
    IMG_0079.JPG
    122.6 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0080.JPG
    IMG_0080.JPG
    95.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_0081.JPG
    IMG_0081.JPG
    154.6 KB · Views: 106
Thanks for the pictures; I did get a confirmation from a member that his 95 doe’s indeed have an air damn. He mentioned that it's substantially smaller than the earlier models.

Hmm, that seems to be the case with a lot of late model SC's though. I suppose I could make something......

I noticed it looks like mine has some holes for something.. they must get ripped off easily or something..

Bryce, have you thought of painting the valence to match your paint? I would think it would look better than having it black.

I was trying to find a pic of one painted, but no dice.

I noticed it looks like mine has some holes for something.. they must get ripped off easily or something..

Bryce, have you thought of painting the valence to match your paint? I would think it would look better than having it black.

I was trying to find a pic of one painted, but no dice.

My Anniversary in my garage has it painted. And there is actually two, stock one and one trimmed and moved forward illusion is to get rid of the cavity.

And yes there is a smaller slimmer air foil dam.

Last edited:
Back