Header gasket part #

PDQ SC

The local talent at O'Reillys' can't find a part number for a header gasket. Can anyone help me out? Felpro preferably.

I researched this as well with the mighty search button and it looks like the part # is MS95528 94-99 Mustang gaskets. Does ORileys sell fel pro?

Ken

I think they do. I'll pick a set up. Let me know if you want to try to knock out yours also on Wednesday and i'll eat my wheaties. (Thanks to both for the help)

I got the set of MS95528 gaskets just now and opened them up They have an angle bend in them. I dont remember the last exhaust gaskets having an angle bend in them. Anyone care to enlighten me

Ken

Attachments

• Exhaust gaskets.JPG
    Exhaust gaskets.JPG
    237.1 KB · Views: 109
I got the set of MS95528 gaskets just now and opened them up They have an angle bend in them. I dont remember the last exhaust gaskets having an angle bend in them. Anyone care to enlighten me

Ken

Those are nice, I bet that makes it easy to install. Never seen those before, curious what your thoughts are after installing them. I’ve got a set of mid lengths I’m about to install. What bolts is everyone using for their headers? Stock ones or did you buy new ones? That’s something I haven’t squared away yet.

Fel-Pro part # MS91346

Ken

The tabs go on the bottom and rest on the head lip, if you put them on the wrong side, the bend will be on top and kinda in the way for plug changes.

I'm trying to think of the advantage of having them on the bottom?

One thing is that you don't have to hold the gasket in place while trying to get the bolts started. Set it in place with the tab down and you see how it conforms around the head bolt.

Last edited:
.What bolts is everyone using for their headers? Stock ones or did you buy new ones? That’s something I haven’t squared away yet.

Fel-Pro part # MS91346

Stock bolts are way too long because the manifolds at the mounting points are much thicker.

Stock bolts are way too long because the manifolds at the mounting points are much thicker.

Yea, that makes sense, thanks. So the gasket rests against the head while installing the headers. Yea that would make it easy for sure, the felpro ones are nice too, just drop it in after installing the end bolts.

Those are nice, I bet that makes it easy to install. Never seen those before, curious what your thoughts are after installing them. I’ve got a set of mid lengths I’m about to install. What bolts is everyone using for their headers? Stock ones or did you buy new ones? That’s something I haven’t squared away yet.

Fel-Pro part # MS91346

I just used grade 8 bolts to install them before. Dave D said to double them up on my passenger side header and the graphite should fill in any inperfections in the flange of the header.

Ken

I just used grade 8 bolts to install them before. Dave D said to double them up on my passenger side header and the graphite should fill in any inperfections in the flange of the header.

Ken

Really, double gaskets huh? Interesting......... Did you have known issues with the flange, or just taking precautions?

Ive always used them upsidedown then! Never had an issue thought..Look into the Pearcy locking header bolts. I believe they are for a 4.0 v6..But I can get part number once Im home. They work great

Really, double gaskets huh? Interesting......... Did you have known issues with the flange, or just taking precautions?

I check the flanges with a straight edge and the appeared to be straight to me. I installed a set of gaskets when installing them but I have had a leak from day one. I put it off long enough and need to remove the header. I plan to pressure test the header and look a leak in the header its self. If I find an obvious leak I will weld it up and probably only use one gasket. Wish I had time to scrap the mufflers and install something quiter

Back