75mm Pro-M Idle Problem

Boostman23

I recently ordered a 75mm Pro-M calibarted for 30lb injectors. My problem is now the car idles crappy. I reset the computer, but still no luck on the idle. The car will drive fine, but will not idle good all the time, sometimes it will and others it will stall.

Any ideas?

I had a similar problem on both of my Pro-M MAFS. The first time, I also added a BBK 70 TB, and needed to adjust my IAC screw. That probally had nothing to do with the MAF though. The second time, the MAF was actually calibrated wrong. The idoits at Granatilli Motorsports had it all screwed up. Man I hope you didn't get it through them. Anyway, once the fixed it, everything was alright. I really don't have any idea what else it could be. Do it through and codes?

Thomas

Actually I bought it off of Ebay

I was thinking that maybe the calibration was off, can I just phone the number on the sensor to see about getting it recalibrated?

It's probably a Mustang V8 MAF calibrated to 30 lb. injectors.

I assume you have 30 lb injectors and your SC is a 1989- 1993 model.

If you buy a part that was meant for an 8 cylinder (8 injectors) you would probably need a 24 lb calibration for a Cobra according to Pro-M website. A used C & L meter form a mustang needs a 19 lb sample tube to work for our SC with 30 lb injectors.

If this is the case just resell your Pro-M on ebay. A recalibration is over $150 if you send it to Pro-M to be recalibrated.

Back