project before the shootout, will we make it?(pics)

mywhite89

We decided to get the sc ready for quicker times at the shootout this year. Thought I would share a couple pictures of our progress so far. Just got the engine and transmission out today, now its time to get everything done!

Last edited:
couple more pictures, some missing clean parts from the puzzle fmic, tubes, etc. are in the trunk and out of the way!

Last edited:
Lookin good, Chris. What are you guys getting into? Looks like a motor went bad, or something.

LED ENGINE LIGHTING COMPLETE!!!! YAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH BOY..I know useless without pics.....Heck I gots videooooo:eek::eek:

lol on the led lighting. Nope a little bit more than that!

After I went He-man mode trying to get the dipstick tube free from the block, it broke right at the block so Now we get to pull off the oil pan to extract the broken piece. That was the only part that gave us problems coming apart. Pretty sure this engine has never been apart. Here's the list of upgrades:

-Dirty dog upgrade to 03 mustang transmission guts with whatever he recommends to make the weak links on it even stronger
-3000 stall converter
-MP polished inlet plenum
-3.5 cai upgrade from homemade 3"
-85mm t/b-upgrade from70mm
-80maf upgrade from 73mm??
-60 lb injectors
-a/c delete
-bigger valved heads
-supercoupes unlimited custom ground cam
-255lph fuel pump(the only modification that we have done!)
-driver mod, Sarah learned how to do a big smoky burnout! I told her she better learn for this year because she's gonna need it.

I think thats about it other than gaskets, head studs and all the other necessary components needed.

Chris

Lookin' good Chris! Keep up the work!

My wife may try some racing ths year too - we just bought a mostly stock 95. Need to check with the dr. though...it might be a little too soon for the little Haub to be rolling down the 1/4mi :)

Well, thanks to Casey talking about motor problems, now we do have to dig a bit deeper. Main bearings are showing a little copper and the front cam bearing is cracked. So, now its getting rings and bearings, hopefully we can go back together soon. Pictures coming

chris

Mains and rods shouldn't take too long to swap out, the cam bearings could be your waiting time on a shop to do them. Good luck, and I got a flex hone you can borrow if you want to rough up the cylinder walls for those new rings. If you can I had great success running Total Seal Classic Race rings (the non gapless traditional style ones from Dalke), standard size.

Mains and rods shouldn't take too long to swap out, the cam bearings could be your waiting time on a shop to do them. Good luck, and I got a flex hone you can borrow if you want to rough up the cylinder walls for those new rings. If you can I had great success running Total Seal Classic Race rings (the non gapless traditional style ones from Dalke), standard size.

Just got rings and bearings in the mail today from Dave. Engine will be ready with new cam bearings tomorrow afternoon. We are moving along slowly but surely. Gotta have an engine back in this weekend or were in trouble I believe.

Chris

Pictures of weekend progress so far. Sarah was bad, so I made her port!

Attachments

• weekend progress 001.jpg
    weekend progress 001.jpg
    193 KB · Views: 175
  • weekend progress 002.jpg
    weekend progress 002.jpg
    126.3 KB · Views: 77
  • weekend progress 003.jpg
    weekend progress 003.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 82
  • weekend progress 004.jpg
    weekend progress 004.jpg
    137.1 KB · Views: 91
  • weekend progress 006.jpg
    weekend progress 006.jpg
    124.5 KB · Views: 79
Last edited:
How about a few more getting to within the last hour! Note the time..:rolleyes:

Attachments

• weekend progress 008.jpg
    weekend progress 008.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 75
  • weekend progress 009.jpg
    weekend progress 009.jpg
    173.6 KB · Views: 70
  • weekend progress 010.jpg
    weekend progress 010.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 80
  • weekend progress 011.jpg
    weekend progress 011.jpg
    134.1 KB · Views: 79
Sorry for the paranoia, Chris, haha. Looks like you're maaakiiin moooooves!!

PS: Porting heads and putting a motor together is by far the sexiest thing a woman can do.

Keep up the good work!

Bring the chair along! It will make putting on slicks a little easier.

attachment.php

Any reason you didn't install the pushrods, rockers, intake manifold and set the valve train up while the motor was still on the stand ? Either way, it looks like you are making good progress.

Looking forward to seing you guys at the Shootout.

David

I have been using that little chair for stuff like that for years, works great for doing brakes also.

Dave, we just got the engine back together and will be measuring for what length pushrods we need, so DD can get them coming our way. No time to wait just for that before getting the engine and everything else back in.

Back