Short Wheel base Thunderbirds

Auto Doug

Twenty one years ago I chopped the top on my 89 Mustang GT and many other mods, It caught the attention of Kenny Brown and his shop in Omaha at the time, building trick one off Mustangs of their own. Kenny was the builder /crew chief for Saleen racing back in the late 80's he has been building trick cars, suspension products and holding driving schools and events for Twenty five years now. In 1990 Kenny like what he saw in my Mustang mods and asked if I could shorten a Thunderbird, the rest is history I ended up modifying five of them and one Lincoln Mark VIII.
So Kenny Brown Performance is having a celebration event at Putnem Park race track out side of Indy. I don't have all the details other than Sept 9 thru 11, they contacted me to see if I could round up a few SWB Thunderbirds to show up and any other past Kenny Brown modified Ford products are welcome. I need you guys to get in touch with George D with #005 and Dave D with #003 and let them know about the event to see if they could possibly make an appearance with their cool T-Birds, that's about it from Auto Kraft today still here busy as ever! not to many SC coming in any more but lots of vintage race cars, Alfa- Romeo, Ferraris and classic muscle cars. But I still have my T-bird shorting bench ready at any time.

Thanks,
Doug Kielian
Auto Kraft
Lincoln, Ne.

Doug, Dave D is an active poster on here. George is in and out I'm sure they'll get your message here. I saw SWB #003 about 2 months ago just awaiting a motor.

OK great just so they hear about the event, they might wish to participate since they have unique concept cars that were a part of Kenny Brown performance, and Auto Kraft history.

Back