Fans

GHOSTXR7

Can anyone point me into the direction of where to get an aftermarket radiator fan system for my 90 xr7 the dealer is nuts and none of the parts stores can find anything. Help greatly appreciated

I would definately recommend getting a stock fan or a stock replacement motor for the fan. The stock fan is FAR superior to even the highest flowing aftermarket fans.

Ok cool cool. Well i found a fan motor. But with my luck i think i mucked up the ircm which sucks to high hell. But a question really quick is it possible to muck up the ircm because the fan motor smoked out? Reason for asking is because now ive got no power to the fan. Is there a fuse or really that runs the ircm or am i correct in thinking that the ircm is bad

The IRCM uses a fuseable link to feed the supply power to the fans.

You can check if the IRCM should be working by:
Key off
- 12v should be at Pin 38 of the IRCM or the Black with Orange stripe wire. If 12v isn't there, the Fuseable link has blown.
- 12v should be at pin 8 or the Yellow Wire. If not power there check the fuse for the EEC in the power distribution box. That's the relay signal power.
Key on
Along with those above
- 12v should be at pin 16, Red with Light Green stripe AND pin 24 Red. If not at the first pin, the fuse for the ignition coil in the power distribution box is bad. If yes on the first and no on the second, the EEC power relay in the IRCM is bad.

Cut the wire (Tan with Orange stripe) at Pin 14 and ground the IRCM side with the engine running. The cooling fan should come on. If not and you had power at all the checks above when you should, then there is a problem with the Low Speed Fan Relay in the IRCM.

Back