AFPR question

mikedenton49

How can I tell if I have a two or three port FPR without removing the blower plenum. It's a 93. Do the all have three? I'd hate to order the wrong part. Thanks. The kirban scp sells good?

If it turns out to be a 3 I have a Kirban with rail fittings and Oil filled gauge.

I have to go remote.

Sorry if this is a steal

Paul

If it turns out to be a 3 I have a Kirban with rail fittings and Oil filled gauge.

I have to go remote.

Sorry if this is a steal

Paul

It's a 93 so it should be a three bolt. Geez I'd hate to be wrong. Why u going remote? Cause you can't adjust it on the car or someething like that? I'm interested.

if you can get your hand back there, you can feel along the bottom. If oval, it's two bolt hole. If triangular, it is 3 bolt hole. They are all 2 port.

if you can get your hand back there, you can feel along the bottom. If oval, it's two bolt hole. If triangular, it is 3 bolt hole. They are all 2 port.

Now thats what I was looking for. I know there are a multitude of posts over the matter, but after reading a hundred of them, it seems that a difinitive answer is still up in the air. Kirban and BBK seem to get good marks the first of which pretty easily bolts on. Others say heck no! it's all junk! I like the idea of an easy to adjust nice looking remote unit which would accept a future fuel line upgrade, but I don't know enough about it to decide. Gimmie a hand. What would you do?
Thanks,
Mike

It is a 3. How much for the package shipped to 76802? How old is the AFPR?

If stock, it'll be a 3, but these cars are old enough that someone could have changed the rail in the past and installed a two hole.

Remote mount requires modification of the fuel rail to allow attachment of fittings to run remote lines so you'll need to be prepared for that. I haven't seen anyone document how they modified the rail.

Kirban would be my choice for an adjustable stock replacement.

Remote mount requires modification of the fuel rail to allow attachment of fittings to run remote lines so you'll need to be prepared for that. I haven't seen anyone document how they modified the rail.

Kirban would be my choice for an adjustable stock replacement.

You can run a remote AFPR without modifying the fuel rail. You just use -4 socketless hose with band clamps for safety and run it to your chosen location. Mine has been that way for 2 years now without any issues.

Pretty sure it hasn't been changed. I have had the car for 22 years ;) I have decided to keep it simple and go with the kirban from scp. Seems to be the most cost effective route to fuel pressure adjustment which will leave me some scratch for a nice pressure gauge for the cockpit. I appreciate all your inputs :)
Mike

Back