PDA

View Full Version : I hate RUDE people!

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 12:41 AM
I have a post on the CLASSIFIEDS board because I am trying to sell my heads. This dude named "AlexPKring" jumped on my freaken post and stated that he had some heads that were a better deal than mine after someone replied to me! :mad:
That totally sucks! I would never cut in and advertise on someone else's post where they were trying to sell their parts! I am totally offended because this guy likely costed me $325.00!!!:mad: Do you guys think that's right for him to solicit people on my post instead of just writing his own damn post!!!!????
dirtybirdie:(

Thomas A
10-24-2002, 12:48 AM
I agree in general. People shouldn't jump into a thread like that to sell thier own stuff. Start a new one and nobody is upset. It's pretty simple.

Thomas

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 12:51 AM
I don't mean to overreact, but some of us make some extra dough on the side to modify our rides, and you have rude people out here that act like vultures. I can't think of a better way to disrespect someone on this site. That guy hit me for $325.00 and I am pissed!:mad:
dirtybird91

tbirdsc357
10-24-2002, 12:56 AM
Send him a private mail and work it out.

I understand you are getting at.........but if somone can help a fellow SC'er save a few bucks, there's nothing wrong with that. Suck it up and sell it to someone else. No sence in complaining about it now.

BTW if I were buying something, I would love it if someone would step in and save me a few bucks, regardless if it was his post or not. We are all here to help each other out.

I don't want to start anything here so don't get all bent out of shape by whay I have said.
:)

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 01:03 AM
I see what you are saying WIDOWMAKER, but there is no excuse for not writing his own post. If you were selling something on the classifieds board I would never take advantage of you by advertising on YOUR post. I would just write my own. This guy took advantage of my desire to sell something for what I think is a pretty good deal. I work very hard checking up on my posts to make some spare change, and when some lazy-a$$ does something like this it's no better than stealing. He has an equal oppourtunity to just write his own post. If it happened to you I think you would be sore too man. I am not picking an argument here because I know you are a better man than that guy.
dirtybird91:(

tbirdsc357
10-24-2002, 01:09 AM
I know what you are saying......and I totally agree that he could/should have started his own post, but like I said it's done with..... so no need to stress over it.

At least feel better that a fellow SC'er benifitted.

BTW, I say PM him and work it out.

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 01:12 AM
That's a good spirit man. I just hate all this "bidding-war" stuff, and I try to avoid this type of thing because we are all fellow SC'ers.
By the way "your SC is awesome dude":cool:
dirtybird91

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 02:17 AM
I can sort of tell that this dude is not firing on all 6 pistons. It takes a desperate man to do some ~~~~~ like he did. No wonder he hooped up his ride. He probably took some sort of cheap short-cut. People like him try to take advantage of somone else's hard work.:(
dirtybird91

GooeyGus2
10-24-2002, 02:51 AM
these are the heads you are buying :D

http://www.sccowc.com/Video/pickering.mov

take a look :cool:

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 03:01 AM
I don't know what your point is because your link does not work. Also I was not buying heads, I was attempting to sell heads!:confused: :confused: :confused:

JAFO
10-24-2002, 03:03 AM
If you started the post you can delete it. Repost yours and keep doing that whenever he posts in your sale column. AFTER emailing any other listed interested parties. Pretty crappy of him to do that IMO. Just boils down to simple manners.

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 03:08 AM
Thanks for the advise JAFO.
It's just the principle of the whole thing ya know. It is like someone selling things out of their store, and some dumb-a$$ coming in there and setting up shop!;)

doodaa
10-24-2002, 02:13 PM
Maybe I've spent a little too much time on eBay but I think I'd be a little leary of buying from someone that unethical... What's to say he wouldn't try to mess with a buyer just like he did with you? Just because he's cheaper doesn't mean I'd rather buy from him. Thread jacking could be just the tip of his dishonesty iceberg.

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 04:30 PM
If I had been the one buying the heads, I don't think I would have chosen that route either! It will come back to him one day.
dirtybird91:eek:

Deep6
10-24-2002, 11:51 PM
I remember "alexPKring" being a regular contributor here on the boards.

I never met him in person, but this kind of thing happens every now and then.

You get a Sc'er who "earns" the trust of the community and then they Want out of their car/car parts FAST and they start selling stuff and then the Poopie Hits the fan. Folks don't get the right parts, they don't get shipped on time, or they just don't get their parts period and these folks have already accepted payment.....

If you really want to, you can find a person like that and make things hard for them if they turn out to be scum. For now though, I have to say "dirty play" on Alex.

Your right Dirty bird, he should have started his own post with a lower price/etc etc etc. BUT not have butted in on your post. No one likes a buttinski. For future reference, make sure that when you post on here selling something, when one person responds to the thread, ask them to e-mail you privately etc. that way they are not corresponding publicly.

dirtybird91
10-24-2002, 11:56 PM
Thanks for the advise dude. I will be more careful next-time, because I had worked pretty hard to make that sale before Mr. Alex jumped the line!:(
dirtybird91

Tazer999
10-25-2002, 02:36 AM
Well he is selling his car, so you won't have to worry about that.

PS: Alex is a good guy, I have met him a few times

http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/vdetail.jtmpl?car_id=111516121&dealer_id=&max_price=&start_year=1982&end_year=2003&address=98230&search_type=used&make=FORD&model=TBIRD&min_price=&distance=25&advcd_on=n&advanced=n&color=&car_year=1989

dirtybird91
10-25-2002, 02:40 AM
What's up Ryan. I have not heard from you in a while. It's nice to know you are still alive dude!
By the way, I got new tires today and my Cervini hood does not shake anymore when I am at speed! LOL!
dirtybirdie:cool:

AsScLoWn
10-25-2002, 03:01 AM
1989 Thunderbird Supercoupe, Titanium, 5spd, 2nd owner, all reciepts, new engine, new glass, new catalytic converter, newer clutch, new tires, new brakes, new heater core, driveline rebalanced, rebuilt blower, clear corner lenses, racing pedals, 3.27 racing gears, intake, K+N filter, xenon headlights, decals, body is mint, Sony CD Player, 5% limo tint, one of a kind condition...home number is 360-332-7513, cell is 360-220-1005...

new engine? maybe newer, its used
rebuilt blower? it has a new nose seal and fluid

plus I hope he fixed his huge water leak, the floor was pissing wet!!!(front and rear floor, and it wasnt coolant)

one of a kind;) (download that video a few posts up and see how well it was taken care of):rolleyes:

If I saw someone doing brake stands like that on a car I was buying I would worry!!

dirtybird91
10-25-2002, 03:05 AM
Well, that about sums ~~~~~ up! AZZCLOWN, some poor bastard will buy his heap!:p
dirtybirdie

SuperCoupe
10-26-2002, 12:02 PM
IMHO the forum moderator should be looking for that kind of crap, and deleting it. There is absolutely no need for people to jump in someone's classified post if they are not interested in what is being sold. The only reasons for anyone to reply to a classified post is: to show interest in a possible sale, or to comment in a positive manor on whatever the item is. Sorry to jump in on this subject, it's just that stuff like that really gets my goat.....
:rolleyes:

cheeriosluvr
10-26-2002, 01:08 PM
I hate that....it jsut happened to me in this thread take a look
Mustang World CAI Group Buy (http://www.mustangworld.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=41821)

I did a group buy and i have 5 People that are buying then this person cut in with his own buy here ~~~~~~~~ and now everyone but one person cancelled....ERRRR I HATE RUDE PEOPLE

Todd

dirtybird91
10-26-2002, 06:16 PM
Man i'm glad to hear that this type of thing is happening to someone else besides just me! On the other hand it's messed up that this type of ~~~~~ goes on like that.:(
Awareness is the best defense I guess. When enough people get pissed-off this type of thing will stop. I would never buy from a guy like that if it was a good deal or not.;)
dirtybird

world b. free
10-27-2002, 01:30 AM
I must agree with you on that one Mr. Dirtybird. That really sucks when you have a group of individuals who get together to enjoy a hobby, then some jerk does something like that. It's rude, disrespectful, and in bad taste. Sorry that happened to you Mr. Bird!

dirtybird91
10-28-2002, 11:14 PM
Alias "world b. free"

cary Jackson
10-29-2002, 09:33 PM
It's a BS thing to do. That happens on E-bay all the time, two or three posts about the same item at different prices. All he had to do was post his and you post yours. You'll sell yours, and he'll sell his. Simple as that.

dirtybird91
10-29-2002, 09:35 PM
amen to that!
dirtybirdie:D

Tory Smith
10-29-2002, 09:52 PM
Hey that guy has a good idea.

I think that If I were selling a car I could just hang out at dealerships and when someone was working on a deal and about to buy from the dealer. I could step in and say hey that car sucks. I will sell you my car for less.

See how long you could get away with that.

Definitely not good manners to say the least.

dirtybird91
10-30-2002, 03:22 AM
Yeah! That's my point exactly! I just wish it was a situation where someone done me like that in person! Well, on second thought that would be a bad idea because him or me would wind up with a nice little a$$ whippin! Like Roy Mercer said!
Quote: "How bigga boy are you?"
dirtybirdie:eek:

joenintiesc
10-30-2002, 02:31 PM
I remember reading that thread and thinking it was kind of a low thing to do. Some people are just sort of ignorant about good manners and appropriate behavior, though...

Aaron Gott
10-30-2002, 03:26 PM
I read your thread, cheeriosluvr, and I must ask, are the people in there from Red China, or are they from the USSR... because obviously they have never heard of the world of Capitalism and sales...
What they were saying made me sick... I have been a salesman many times... I don't lie to people, but I do tell them what they want to hear. And if I have given them the best yet, they will buy... but if some idiot butts in, saying he can give an even lower price, after I worked for that sale, I would be torqued.
It's like if I were a kirby salesman, and I went into Sears, to the vaccuum department, and tried to talk to all the customers coming in to look at Sear's vaccuums. I would offer them a better price and get the sale... of course, I would be screwing sears. And that's whats wrong.

Deep6
10-30-2002, 09:25 PM
Being competitive on pricing and all out lowballing folks. I was a car salesman too, and I'll have to say that I never went to other lots telling people where I worked and that I'd cut them a deal. Partially because, A. I get kicked off the lot B. It's scummy C. I'd hate to have the same thing happen to me D. My dealership wasn't competitive on pricing anyway, So I'd just offer a blind promise to folks!

dirtybird91
10-30-2002, 10:05 PM
The bottom line here is that it's just plain RUDE! I thought that I had those heads sold despite what this ALEX dude pulled, but my prospective buyer backed out on me. I am so pissed off. The holidays are around the corner, and I could have really used that cash right now. It just burns me up because some dick-head stole my sale right under my nose!:(

cheeriosluvr
10-31-2002, 11:33 AM
The people in there are complete idiots....if i know of there Reputation on that forum(people have been telling me that the forum is know for all the people tat BS and are ~~~~~~~s)i wouldnt have joined.....

todd