Fuel Line Repair

bowez

Well Friday the smell came back and checked it no now the Nylon line is leaking (well assuming its the nylon) right at the steel line connection on the supply side of the fuel filter.

Is the repair as simple as cut the old line off heat the new one up and push on? I picked up the Dorman replacement line.

If this doesn't work what are some other suggestions? Will normal rubber fuel line and hose clamps work? Is there a braided line solution and retain the OEM filter, I really don't want to spend a $100 on a filter setup?

I've used it on my car and no leaks. Mine was closer to the tank, the line was rubbing on the body where it goes between the tank and body. I put rubber hose around the connection and put 4 hose clamps on it. :D

Well Friday the smell came back and checked it no now the Nylon line is leaking (well assuming its the nylon) right at the steel line connection on the supply side of the fuel filter.

Is the repair as simple as cut the old line off heat the new one up and push on? I picked up the Dorman replacement line.

If this doesn't work what are some other suggestions? Will normal rubber fuel line and hose clamps work? Is there a braided line solution and retain the OEM filter, I really don't want to spend a $100 on a filter setup?

If it's on the supply side, you'll need fuel injection rated rubber hose (regular hose WILL blow out, very quickly - like within about 40 miles. I can measure the exact distance if you wish ... )

Me, I replaced the under car lines with the steel ones out of a 1992.

RwP

Once again a vendor doesn't know our cars, 800-054 is 3/8 line and my fuel line is 5/16. Looks like if can't reuse the factory nylon line (hole right at the hard line) will be making my own.

Is it leaking right at the fuel filter, or is it leaking further back and dripping down?

I think there is an O-ring in the connection to the fuel filter. It may be possible to replace just that...

It is possible to run the pump continously so you can check for leaks, even without the car running. You need to jump 2 connections at the EEC test port.

Did you check to see if new lines were still available from Ford as a complete kit? May not be the cheap route but would be less to worry about with leaking.

Was leaking in the nylon line right at the end of the hard line. Was a pin hole leak spraying the "frame" rail.

I used fuel grade rubber hose so I'm not worried about leaking just don't like using hose clamps.

I may try and assemble my own. Dorman does list all the parts separate. I may look into Ford but doubt will buy theirs.

Back