Inner door pix

Drummer

Can anyone direct me to a picture of the innards of the drivers side or even passenger side of the inner workings of the power window mechanism? My window as of yesterday is not going up or down correctly. Took the door panel off and the window track or guide was laying in the bottom of the door. Need to get it put back together again. This moronic Haynes manual is a worthless piece of garbage. Maybe a link to a post would be helpful. Like a cut-away or something.

Can't you pull the other door panel off and take a look?

you didn't mention if it is the front track or back track.

Here is the part....

This is the part. Has an "L" on it. Is the outer one. The one closest to the door handle on the outside I guess.

Attachments

• door thingy.jpg
    door thingy.jpg
    194.5 KB · Views: 127
There's a clip on the upper end of that piece. It just sort of slides over the lower end of the window channel at the rear of the window. So you push it up, and then bolt in the bottom part.

If it is lying there, the bracket probably rusted through. You could probably weld it together, or JB Weld it.

Edit: I see that the picture shows the actual part. I am not sure what happened there. Maybe the bolt just backed out. Did you come across the bolt?

There's a clip on the upper end of that piece. It just sort of slides over the lower end of the window channel at the rear of the window. So you push it up, and then bolt in the bottom part.

If it is lying there, the bracket probably rusted through. You could probably weld it together, or JB Weld it.

Edit: I see that the picture shows the actual part. I am not sure what happened there. Maybe the bolt just backed out. Did you come across the bolt?
You can't see it because of my crappy picture but the bolt is in the bracket on the piece shown. Not backed out or anything.

You can't see it because of my crappy picture but the bolt is in the bracket on the piece shown. Not backed out or anything.

Hmm. I wonder if the part on the door rusted out. I haven't seen that before, but I guess it could happen.

I've seen worse looking window guides....

I don't know how or why yours was down inside the door...:confused:

The end opposite the mounting bolt slides up inside the window guide at the top edge of the door cavity...

Line up the bolt hole, install the bolt, and you're good to go....:D

I've seen worse looking window guides....

I don't know how or why yours was down inside the door...:confused:

The end opposite the mounting bolt slides up inside the window guide at the top edge of the door cavity...

Line up the bolt hole, install the bolt, and you're good to go....:D
Does that bracket go at the bottom?

Well, I put the window track in and the window is moving but it takes allot of muscle to get it to move up and down. Took the motor off and sure enough the 3 plastic things that go bad were bad so I ran to O'Reilys and got the Dorman replacement and put it back together. Reinstalled the motor and hit the up position and the window went up but went to make it go down and the two plastic tabs came out of the window and it just didn't go down. I have to force the thing down and am sure if I keep rolling it up and putting it down I am gonna jack up the plastic things I put in the motor. Can't figure out why the window is so hard to move up and down and now the tabs are off of the window. Crap....What next?

Solved my own problem. Looked at the track I took out and it was bent at the top. Not sure how that could have happened but it was replaced and all is well.:):)

Glad you fixed it :) When in doubt and on most interior pieces, I always take the other door pad off. Its a simple and easy fix!

Glad you fixed it :) When in doubt and on most interior pieces, I always take the other door pad off. Its a simple and easy fix!
I did that. Helped a bit. The track was bent. Wish I knew how that happened. Felt good about it and washed the car. Now the sunroof leaks. I am cursed.:(
Almost afraid to fix it. Something else might go wrong.

Last edited:
I did that. Helped a bit. The track was bent. Wish I knew how that happened. Felt good about it and washed the car. Now the sunroof leaks. I am cursed.:(
Almost afraid to fix it. Something else might go wrong.

Lol thats ok, mine does too :) Take an air chuck to your drains for your sun roof and blow all the dirt out of there, and if those are clean and its still leaking, its prolly the lifter arms like on mine :rolleyes:

Back