hand brake cable

mc94xr7

Can someone please take a picture of where the hand brake cable goes through the floor in the back from inside? I appreciate it.:eek:

Here you go. This is from my drag racer. Ignore the carbon fiber stabilizer bar I put in. Lift out the bottom of the back seat and you'll be able to see it. There's just a big rubber feed thru and it should pull right out after you disconnect the rest of the cable. I don't think there's a locking clip of any kind. Hope this helps.

Attachments

• ebrake cable.jpg
    ebrake cable.jpg
    276.2 KB · Views: 99
Here you go. This is from my drag racer. Ignore the carbon fiber stabilizer bar I put in. Lift out the bottom of the back seat and you'll be able to see it. There's just a big rubber feed thru and it should pull right out after you disconnect the rest of the cable. I don't think there's a locking clip of any kind. Hope this helps.

Thank you so much for the comeback! how can I ignore that sweet Carbon Fibre Stabilizer bar:p? Would you be able to include a pic a more zoomed out please too?:eek:

I sent removal instructions to a fellow member when I wanted to buy the whole hand brake setup from him. Maybe you can use the steps in reverse to help your install and/or make a "How To".

Your PM box is full. After you empty it I'll send it over.

-Allan

Another tip to make this job a lot easier....

Use a 7/16" or 1/2" box wrench to compress the racken fracken 3 prong clips that hold the cable to the handle and the rear block.....

You might have to rotate the wrench a bit while pulling on the cable...

If it takes more than 5 or 6 seconds to do this, then you are doing it wrong.....:p

Another tip to make this job a lot easier....

Use a 7/16" or 1/2" box wrench to compress the racken fracken 3 prong clips that hold the cable to the handle and the rear block.....

You might have to rotate the wrench a bit while pulling on the cable...

If it takes more than 5 or 6 seconds to do this, then you are doing it wrong.....:p
I cut the clip off- the cable sleeve is still stuck to the block without the clip.:eek: how do you go about removing the actual cable from the coupler? to I need to spread the coupler then when I replace the cable, Squeeze the coupler?:eek:

I'm not quite sure what you are describing.....

I would get you some pictures, but I'm currently out of town right now....

I'm not quite sure what you are describing.....

I would get you some pictures, but I'm currently out of town right now....

found a pic- your pic while searching. the part I am describing is on the left: the coupler.
attachment.php

You need to hold the coupler still while you tap the swag (end of cable) toward the middle of the coupler with a punch or chisel....

Spray some penetrating oil to loosen the swags....

You will need at least 2" of slack in the cable if it is still on the car....

A technique I use is hold the coupler and punch with one hand while using a hammer with the other hand...

thank you for the advice. I found out that my adjuster is missing the (I think its called the) clevis and I noticed that the spring has jumped out of that box thing but its still attached. I cant get any slack in my line for some reason.

Back