Replacement Floor Pans

CMac89

I was wondering if there was a place that I could buy these from? I need to replace everything except the tranny tunnel and the backseat portion.

Floor pans

I was wondering if there was a place that I could buy these from? I need to replace everything except the tranny tunnel and the backseat portion.

Ditto ! I would like to replace my rusted ones as well because right now the rust holes are fiberglassed. :(

yeah I have been looking for them too...might just have to transplant:( yeah when I bought my red car looked fine, even looked at the rockers, got it back and on the lift:eek::eek:...figure oh crap i better take a welding class in order to repair this....Kurt, yeah that would be the easy way but don't have the funds for a whole extra car to transplant into:(

Yes, it's called "Texas". They come with an entire unibody weldment attached.

Do they come with free shipping? I'll take two, please.

Well, there was a member here from New Braunfels, TX that had a rust-free SC body shell available last year. It was pre-stripped of parts, and available for $50. Nobody wanted it for that give-away price, so it went to the crusher.

For a little gasoline and a 3-day weekend it could be trailered a long way. Probably even have it shipped for less than $500, maybe way less. $550 won't go very far towards proper rust repair when you're looking at replacing the bottom half of a car. Swapping bodies is a winter job, and the opportunity to find/fix/detail a lot of stuff along the way.

Or, just chuck the whole thing, buy a southern car, and start over. Airfare is relatively cheap, and the cost to drive it back is also cheap stacked against rust repair.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather do anything than dig into a rusty body, knowing the amount of work, money, and time it requires. And, at the end of the day, it's still just a patchwork.

Maybe it's just me, but I'd rather do anything than dig into a rusty body, knowing the amount of work, money, and time it requires. And, at the end of the day, it's still just a patchwork.

I agree 100% I did a ton of rust work to my 89 XR7 and it cost me way more than buying a clean shell would have and at the end of it all when I was going to do a major bushing replacement I ended up ditching the car anyway.

Didn't want to put a whole bunch of money into a patchwork car.

Sean

Well, there was a member here from New Braunfels, TX that had a rust-free SC body shell available last year. It was pre-stripped of parts, and available for $50. Nobody wanted it for that give-away price, so it went to the crusher.

For a little gasoline and a 3-day weekend it could be trailered a long way. Probably even have it shipped for less than $500, maybe way less. $550 won't go very far towards proper rust repair when you're looking at replacing the bottom half of a car. Swapping bodies is a winter job, and the opportunity to find/fix/detail a lot of stuff along the way.

Or, just chuck the whole thing, buy a southern car, and start over. Airfare is relatively cheap, and the cost to drive it back is also cheap stacked against rust repair.

You make a good point. That's part of the reason why I considered getting another car. It would definitely take a whole winter to swap everything from my car to another. I have a lot of work into this thing.

It would be best if I got another car. It would need to be rust-free and also a hard top. I despise moonroofs with a passion.

Back