Diameter of downtubes for stock exhaust

stas

Hello, I'd like to order a pair of high flow cats, but don't know which diameter pipe I should use for high flow downtubes. Are 2.25" downtubes suitable for stock exhaust?? All I have done so far is replaced the resonator with Magnaflow unit, the rest of the system is stock. Thanks.
Stas.

You can use up to 2.25 inch for the downtubes, however, be aware that the 2.25 inch will barely mate up with the smaller stock header outlet. Some have made it work others (like me) have not. I went to an adapter to connect the 2 inch outlet with my 2.25 inch downtubes.

Jon

downpipe

Are there any other downpipes besides the SCP 2.25 for the stock manifolds? I was looking into new cats as well, but the only downpipes I've found besides stock are the SCP ones...
After reading about the trouble some people have had, perhaps I should consider an alternitive (if there is one)?
TIA!

Make The Tubes!

I think your best bet is to have the downtubes made by your exhaust shop in whatever size you want, 2" or 2.25". You're not going to find them already made for your car except at SCP. I bought the Borla cat-back and then had my guy make the downtubes and put the new cats in to mate up with the Borla cat back. Works great. Like I wrote earlier, I tried 2.25" downtubes (custom made) but then had to have adapters put on to get a good fit at the manifold.

Jon

Back