No missing shifts now, 12 LED shift light installed

rzimmerl

Installed this nice 12 LED shift lift with digital tachometer this weekend, after finally figuring out which cluster wire was the tach. I set the limiter low just to show the brightness and you can clearly see the error of the factory dash tach. For the price I think its a great deal, and it can be removed from the provided pod and installed in a pillar pod. Its dead on the RPM as viewed in BE.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G2946/

Attachments

• DSC05375.jpg
    DSC05375.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 309
  • DSC05373.jpg
    DSC05373.jpg
    140 KB · Views: 310
Last edited:
good intell..

Installed this nice 12 LED shift lift with digital tachometer this weekend, after finally figuring out which cluster wire was the tach. I set the limiter low just to show the brightness and you can clearly see the error of the factory dash tach. For the price I think its a great deal, and it be removed from the provided pod and installed in a pillar pod. Its dead on the RPM as viewed in BE.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/SUM-G2946/

Now add to that by telling everyone which wire/wires you need to grab...Rich

Tach signal - upper right hand harness that goes in to the cluster, tap the dark green with yellow stipe.

Then run a 12v ign. on source to the red and black to ground.

thanks for that

Tach signal - upper right hand harness that goes in to the cluster, tap the dark green with yellow stipe.

Then run a 12v ign. on source to the red and black to ground.

I am sure that there are more than a few guys that will thank you for that info...Rich

Looks good but to be honest, it is probably mounted too low. I think you will find that you would have rather had it closer to your field of vision when looking down the road.

Looks good but to be honest, it is probably mounted too low. I think you will find that you would have rather had it closer to your field of vision when looking down the road.
it looks the same light as mine, i think i could put it in the trunk and still see it when set on full bright, you do not need to have it in line of vision. i think it would actually be worse. you do not want to watch it. just to see the flash

With all those LED's the flash is bright even in the lower part of your vision field. Plus I was used to watching the tach for shift points so it should be good.

I have the light that is about the size of my thumb and is a Blue LED... BRIGHT!!!! Cant say I didnt see it flash. I had to go through the same thing as you Zimmer in chasing the wire down to tap. You will enjoy keeping the eyes straight ahead and just smack a gear when it lights up!

I don't think that its bright enough. People in the car 5 cars back probably won't see it!:D

This is where I found info on finding the tach signal wire but the color of the wire Ryan reference wasnt present or the same on my 92 5 speed so what I did was follow the ribbon to the signal feed for the tach and it is the #1 pin on the right hand harness my wire was yellow and light brown

Attachments

• tach wire.jpg
    tach wire.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 98
Back