1990 sunroof switch plastic mount

Drummer

If anyone runs across part number "EOVB 15847-AO" let me know. This is the mount for the single switch sunroof mount that goes in the 1990 SC. It's a black plastic piece the sunroof switch mounts to before the cover goes on. I went to Pull-A-Part today and almost fainted when I saw a 90 Thunderbird with a sunroof and this switch in it. I gently pulled off the cover and the plastic piece was intact and not broken. As soon as I loosened the 2 screws, gently, the thing came apart in 3 pieces. I was pissed and that is tame for what was going through my mind. I brought it home and have it JB welded together and won't even touch it until tomorrow. This seems to be one of those parts that cannot be found intact. Kind of the holy grail for obscure parts for this car. There must be an old Ford stealership somewhere on this planet that has a box of those stupid plastic mounts somewhere.

Never seen one intact. I just gather up the pieces and hot glue back together. The hot glue also helps fill out any missing bits and holds well over time.

I've collected spares and have some repaired and standing by, but the first one I did has been in use now for two years.

Never seen one intact. I just gather up the pieces and hot glue back together. The hot glue also helps fill out any missing bits and holds well over time.

I've collected spares and have some repaired and standing by, but the first one I did has been in use now for two years.

I've got one in my glove box I am going to fix also. Wish these things were freakin metal.

Back