Teves II wiring schematic.

ricardoa1

Does anyone want to share the wiring schematics for the Teves II braking system I am at a loss diagnosing the issue with my car.

Your help is appreciated and will allow me to show up to the shootout with an actual SC.

i might have narrowed it to the pressure switch, stand by on the schematics. I do need hints for replacing the switch without taking the assymbly out.

i might have narrowed it to the pressure switch, stand by on the schematics. I do need hints for replacing the switch without taking the assymbly out.

Biggest hint I can give is "Give it plenty of time."

There's a special socket that helps, or you can coax it most of the way back in with a strap wrench.

I suggest learning some profanity in new languages, though. English runs out too quickly when you try it :(:( Klingon is good.

RwP

In case anyone else needed this...

da3611c5.jpg

Thanks Jay

Why is it must to replace the relay when this switch goes. I dont get why they stress this so much.

That manual makes it look so easy. Anyone know the size socket needed for that sucka.

1 7/16 deep socket with the walls of it ground down so that it's thin. Or...OTC tool 206-021 which may or may not be found at autozone

I do need hints for replacing the switch without taking the assymbly out.
Here's a hint: Don't. :D Well I suppose if you have the right tool its worth a try. But otherwise, its too hard to get anything on it and it takes a huge monkey wrench to get it to turn.

Last edited:
Got the spare switch in the car. Thanks Home Depot. I GOT BRAKES YAY> thanks for all the help. Thanks Jay for talking on the phone till like 12:30 am trying to describe over the phone what is pictured above. :eek:

I got lucky I guess. That tool socket and some wrenches got the job done. At first it was not going to work but some brainstorming and intuition got it to come off. I just hope its tight enough :eek:

Oh and to add the bad switch must have taken out the relay because it was super unreliable. It worked but at times it did not. I changed the pump relay also and the quirkiness went away. I guess Ford knows what they are doing.

Last edited:
Eh, so in other words, pull the whole unit out? Why does it require a special socket?

Doesn't REQUIRE it, but it helps to have the extra skinny deep throat socket to fit down on it.

Otherwise, you're doing a small bit at a time with pliers or something similar.

Which is a severe pain ...

RwP

Back