How to roll the rear wheel lips

jludorf

I picked up some tires for my 95 and the rub the rear what tool is needed to roll the rear wheel lip? I want to try and do this without damaging the paint if possible

John

I rolled mine at the 2009 Shootout...fortunately Wal-Mart had one wooden baseball bat left. :D

When I rolled the rear wheel lips, I used the wooden bat between the lip and the tire with the car on the ground. I just used the bat to pry upward on the lip (against the tire) and rolled the bat along the area needing adjustment, bending the lip a little at a time. The paint did flake on the inside of the lip (not visible outside) - but it did do the trick. The bat's pretty torn up since abusing it in this way...but I still use it to chase stray dogs away from my garage.

I've read about machines and fancy tools that can do it for you also...

I used a 2" or 2.5" PVC tube on my SHO. After I got it rolled some I got a big boned friend to climb into the trunk and rolled it some more.

Well that gives me an excuse to bring the 'bird to Edmonton once it's rolling!

On a side note I am in Edmonton next weekend, Friday, Saturday maybe Sunday if I don't drive down to Red Deer.

Perhaps could buy you a beer on Friday evening after I finish my sales calls.

Regards

Sean

We have 285/40 18 on the rear so they do rub.an extra 1/2 inch should make it fit.

Sean stop by if you have a chance my number is 780 819-4485

Anthony bring your car over and we'll roll them lips. You might want to do it soon before winter arrives as the sc won't make it our of the driveway. If I was driving down I would bring it with me so you could use it but I am flying this year.

John

I did mine on my grand prix today with a bat my buddy keld it on the tire while I backed up and pulled fwd and it left the fenders nice and smoth inside with no paint chipping or cracking

Back