throttle body

96tbird3.8

what is the stock throttle body mm size and what would i all have to replace and do if i wanted to upgrade the throttle body.

depends on year 55mm or 70mm both flow the same cfms??Just upgrade to a C&L maf 73mm or a 76mm straight forward install:D

He is talking about the MAF, the stock throttle body is 65mm for all years 89-95. There is nothing to do to upgrade to a larger size throttle body. Depending on year you may have to add a piece of coolant hose if your stock throttle body has coolant hose thru it.

my 89 and 90 both came with 55 mm tb
i upgraded from a lincoln to 70 mm but doesnt help much unless you are over 4000 rpm and almost hurts on regular slow driving cause air comes in the intake slower
hope this helps
thanks
ralph

my 89 and 90 both came with 55 mm tb
i upgraded from a lincoln to 70 mm but doesnt help much unless you are over 4000 rpm and almost hurts on regular slow driving cause air comes in the intake slower
hope this helps
thanks
ralph

You mean MAF not throttle body. The reason it drives worse unless you have a tune for it is your AFR is all out of whack.

well this is my plan i am getting a double intercooler and with more air should come more fuel.( and of course my dual exhaust.) but i figured if i do one i have to do the other. right? what i need to know is how to had more fuel to the increase in boost(air). that was the reason for asking about the tb. what about injectors?? do i even need to do anything if add ing the dbl intercooler?? should raise my boost from 12 to 18psi right??

Last edited:
You don't need to do anything when upgrading to the double intercooler. Your boost will not increase because you are not driving the supercharger more, it will just be a cooler intake charge.

Back