95 SC 5spd hurt engine

T-bird4vr

see mods member page, i do have a blower that i can put on it and it will run (and still makes good power) but there is blowby past a cylinder so it needs a rebuild. I have a spare engine that I can send with the new owner, i'm just too lazy to clean it up and swap it in.

5spd conversion from a 94, rebuilt m5r2, b&m shifter, fresh t-lok rebuild, tires are almost new, DIC, ZR intake, chipped/dyno tuned, camed, borla mufflers, 255lph fuel pump, big Griffen radiator, 60# injectors. Its a gold mine in parts. Make a decent offer and its yours.

Attachments

• IMG_1446 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1446 (Medium).JPG
    183.9 KB · Views: 1,088
  • IMG_1447 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1447 (Medium).JPG
    129.9 KB · Views: 1,099
  • IMG_1451 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1451 (Medium).JPG
    134.6 KB · Views: 1,085
  • IMG_1453 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1453 (Medium).JPG
    79.8 KB · Views: 1,009
  • IMG_1454 (Medium).JPG
    IMG_1454 (Medium).JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 1,158
How many miles on the chassis? Oh and how does the underside look?

Theres no rust or if there is it would be really light surface rust. The chasis is in great shape that way. Should be 135k miles or so, engine was rebuilt at 88k, and I haven't even pulled the heads to see how it looked if it would require a bore or not. The car is in overall great shape minus the engine, so you want to swap an engine or rebuild it then it is the car for you. Or heaven forbid part it out lol.

Theres no rust or if there is it would be really light surface rust. The chasis is in great shape that way. Should be 135k miles or so, engine was rebuilt at 88k, and I haven't even pulled the heads to see how it looked if it would require a bore or not. The car is in overall great shape minus the engine, so you want to swap an engine or rebuild it then it is the car for you. Or heaven forbid part it out lol.

I would not part it out hehe... I have a very fresh motor and blower. My car has body damage and I believe the front end of the frame is slightly imperfect. It's very sad, but I probably need a new car altogether. :(

Do you have a list of "the bad?" Most of it probably isn't a big deal since I may have to turn my car into a parts (for me) car but I am curious if there are other little things worth knowing? Might save me some time down the road. For example, I don't know all the little details about a 5-speed conversion and what may be different compared to an original 5-speed. Sorry for all the questions! :eek:

EDIT: At any rate I'm very interested give me a half a day or so to calculate an offer. :)

Last edited:
I would not part it out hehe... I have a very fresh motor and blower. My car has body damage and I believe the front end of the frame is slightly imperfect. It's very sad, but I probably need a new car altogether. :(

Do you have a list of "the bad?" Most of it probably isn't a big deal since I may have to turn my car into a parts (for me) car but I am curious if there are other little things worth knowing? Might save me some time down the road. For example, I don't know all the little details about a 5-speed conversion and what may be different compared to an original 5-speed. Sorry for all the questions! :eek:

EDIT: At any rate I'm very interested give me a half a day or so to calculate an offer. :)

Andy, there isn't much bad as long as you consider its a 16yr old car. There are the normal scratches and small dings for that old but they are lot better than most cars the same age. The paint is still in great shape etc. The worst is probably the hood where a t-bolt clamp was turned wrong and dented from the inside (my fault). The drivers door sags and rubs a little, shocks are original so they are probably due. As for the 5spd swap I bought a 94 and swaped everything, that trans was cracked internally so I bought Chris Wises from his 94 I believe when he put a c4 or something in there, as I recall he said it was rebuilt 5k miles before I got it, and I probably put 5 k on it. So it is the much more desirable later model trans (1st gear ratio) It would be identical to an original 95 5 speed other than I didn't swap the ecu, I just had Dalke remove the auto functions on the superchip. I can take pictures of whatever you need. Centerforce dual friction clutch. Not sure what else to tell you, so anything specific let me know.

No i already sold the AR, had an MPX for a while but that is gone to, it would just be a standard 94-95 blower

Great looking car, just don't think I'm ready for that project yet. If it had the AR on it, I don't think I could've passed it up :D. Good luck with the sale...bump for a beautiful blue SC.

egobrkr, sorry can't take that

oSCar3.8, they are AL stock size pullies (was hesitant to get underdrives, seemed like it might defeat the purpose of a big AL radiator and stereo lol)

like the car any offers?

I'll offer you $1800 for the car. Had one years ago and wouldn't mind having another one to drive once in a while.

like the car any offers?

I'll offer you $1800 for the car. Had one years ago and wouldn't mind having another one to drive once in a while. My # is 508-802-8418. Names Mike. Thanks.

Back