Is it a S-port or not?

r1dd1ck913

I was wanting to know if there is a way to tell if a blower has been sported or not. I'm looking to buy a blower off a member who says it is S-ported. Is there is a way to tell?

I was wanting to know if there is a way to tell if a blower has been sported or not. I'm looking to buy a blower off a member who says it is S-ported. Is there is a way to tell?

Click on search and type in "S port pictures". I posted some pictures of one a while back in that thread.

Ken

Usually there is a tag from Magnuson. I'd have to say that more than likely the supercharger was ported like a S-port and not a true S-port.

A true S-port is a supercharger that is ported and updated by Magnuson, everything else is just a home port job.

Usually there is a tag from Magnuson. I'd have to say that more than likely the supercharger was ported like a S-port and not a true S-port.

A true S-port is a supercharger that is ported and updated by Magnuson, everything else is just a home port job.
I bought my S-port straight from Magnuson years ago and I don't recall it having a tag on it. The blower is still in my basement, so I might have check when I can.

If Magnuson didn't port it, indeed it's not actually an S port. Mine was S ported by them several years ago and they neither put a tag on it or any other markings. I believe they take some off of both the inlet side and the outlet side.

I believe they take some off of both the inlet side and the outlet side.

Mine is a stickered S-port by Magnuson (bought it used, so don't know the whole history). They did remove material from both the inlet and outlet...not as much as I would have thought, but it is clear that some porting what done.

I think I remember seeing some pictures someone posted on here...

Even if its a home port S port it should be fine if done properly. Not rocket science here!

True...might even be better! It sure seems like the blower inlet could be opened up alot more than Magnuson did. :confused: Maybe a true Magnuson is being a collector's item though. :p

Back