PDA

View Full Version : Shootout Dyno

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 09:00 AM
Here is our current Shootout Dyno list. We will be setting up a schedule as we get closer. Please post up if you have any special time requirements or if you are flexible for scheduling. We will try to have it all posted before and at the event so you don't have to wait too long or waste time like in years past. :rolleyes:

Dyno list:

David Neibert
Brian Oatway
Richard Pingol
Ken Wagner
Casey McCarty
Ryan Zimmerly
Cory Binks
Keith Nichols
Chris Vining
Shane Glynn
Ryan Ruvolo
John Ludorf
Ricardo Alfonseca
Will Smith
Matt Haub

Priority will be given to those who have entered into one of our dyno classes and participation will be limited to the available time. Generally we have enough time to get everyone done but just so you all know, there will be a priority schedule.

For refreshers, here are the dyno competition classes:

V8
V6
V6 M90
V6 Supercharged

neverfastenough
09-13-2011, 09:12 AM
No special req for me, I can go towards the end if some people need to squeeze in for a few tweaks on their tunes.

CMac89
09-13-2011, 09:26 AM
Will all of these dyno runs be restricted to three pulls and done? Will there be time for a couple to few extra pulls if a little bit of tuning is needed? For me, it will take a few pulls just to get the boost back up to par. Then a couple for timing adjustments, since I'm playing it safe with race fuel, this time.

Just put me where you think I would be less of an obstacle.

SCrazy
09-13-2011, 09:29 AM
The Dyno contest participants and those time slots will have limited pulls with VERY limited time in between for cool down and adjustments. BUT there will be other time slots that are scheduled for people who want to spend some time doing real tuning.

BLOWN38
09-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I'm flexible.

ricardoa1
09-13-2011, 11:42 AM
[QUOTE=XR7 Dave;959093]Here is our current Shootout Dyno list. We will be setting up a schedule as we get closer. Please post up if you have any special time requirements or if you are flexible for scheduling. We will try to have it all posted before and at the event so you don't have to wait too long or waste time like in years past. :rolleyes:

Dyno list:

thats a short list, but can one contestant take multiples? Ill take first thing sat morning.

DrFishbone
09-13-2011, 01:01 PM
If the group rate gets extended to Friday like last year, I'd like to try to get some numbers again. Anytime Friday is fine.

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 01:09 PM
The rate is applicable to Friday but I have to confirm with Jeff the available times. In order to guarantee a spot you have to pay via the website in advance. Anyone who pays in advance and isn't able to get on for some reason will be refunded their fee. I don't anticipate this being a problem. Anyone who thinks they will need more than 3 pulls needs to make arrangements with Jeff for payment. You will also may be required to be last or next to last.

DrFishbone
09-13-2011, 01:15 PM
The rate is applicable to Friday but I have to confirm with Jeff the available times. In order to guarantee a spot you have to pay via the website in advance. Anyone who pays in advance and isn't able to get on for some reason will be refunded their fee. I don't anticipate this being a problem. Anyone who thinks they will need more than 3 pulls needs to make arrangements with Jeff for payment. You will also may be required to be last or next to last.

Cool...when you know what times are available on Friday, I'll take any afternoon slot. :cool:

So we get up to 3 pulls then? As long as they fit in the time slot, I assume.

SCrazy
09-13-2011, 01:22 PM
So we get up to 3 pulls then? As long as they fit in the time slot, I assume.

Correct...what we can't have happening is people making repairs or spending excessive time tuning in their dyno competition time slot. This happened a couple of times last year and just made a mess of the schedule.

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 01:26 PM
thats a short list, but can one contestant take multiples?
I don't understand your question.

DrFishbone
09-13-2011, 01:30 PM
Correct...what we can't have happening is people making repairs or spending excessive time tuning in their dyno competition time slot. This happened a couple of times last year and just made a mess of the schedule.

Yeah...it was kind of a mess last year. :(

At that time, I was only half prepared for the dyno anyway. Now, I've got the tune tweaked a little closer, so doing some spark adjustments is all I should have left to do ... for basic race tuning anyway.

David Neibert
09-13-2011, 02:15 PM
I would prefer to put mine on the dyno sometime Saturday. If possible I'd also like to be scheduled after Chris Lazzo :D

David

neverfastenough
09-13-2011, 02:16 PM
Haha put me last too for v6 so i can turn my boost knob too:p

Ira R.
09-13-2011, 02:32 PM
Spoke with Jeff some time ago and just confirmed my slot. Promise I will stay out of you all's way and be done long before you boys start running for the trophies.

Ira

nickleman60
09-13-2011, 03:22 PM
I'll take the second slot on Sat. morning after Ricardo if it's open, if not the next earliest slot.

What's the difference between V-6 m90 & V-6 supercharged?

ricardoa1
09-13-2011, 03:25 PM
I don't understand your question.

Can one participant take more then one trophy?

rzimmerl
09-13-2011, 03:28 PM
Whenever on Saturday.

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 03:39 PM
I'm going to start putting some lists up now.

On Friday Jeff has open availability for tuning or whatever up until 5pm only. Therefore anyone who wants to spend more time on the dyno than 30 minutes needs to schedule in for Friday. Saturday we will allow minor tweaks if necessary but it will not be tuning sessions. If your car isn't tuned, don't expect to spend 2hrs on the dyno Saturday. If we get done with everyone else and it's not 2am, there is a possibility of some tuning but it will be at Jeff's discretion, but only AFTER the competition portion is complete.

Just need to be clear. We can't have jam ups like last year.

So that being said here is what is going down:

Friday

9:00am Ira Robinson
11:00am
1:00pm Chris Vining
2:00pm Matt Haub
3:00pm Please note - the 3pm slot may get bumped if the tuning runs late. Jeff is non-negotiable on the 5pm deadline.

Saturday

9:00 Ricardo Alfonseca
9:30 Keith Nichols
10:00 Ryan Zimmerly
10:30 David Neibert
11:00 Cory Binks
11:30 Casey McCarty
12:00

Lunch break

1:00 Ken Wagner
1:30 John Ludorf
2:00 Ryan Ruvolo
2:30 Bryan Oatway
3:00 Will Smith
3:30 James Smith
4:00 Rick Pingol
4:30 Chris Lazzo

*Please note: The order of this list is subject to change. Those who have said they are flexible will expect to move to accommodate someone else who isn't flexible.

*Some people have not paid or confirmed their spots. If you are not listed so far then you need to contact me to make further arrangements. Slots are open on Friday for anyone who will be there and is willing to give up their spot on Saturday. Also, we will employ a "stand by" arrangement for Saturday. If we get ahead of schedule we will allow people to step into those spots.

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Ricardo, you don't have to choose which class to participate in but you can only win one award. For example, Keith may want to use his nitrous and try for the V6 Supercharged award or he may decide to turn the juice off and just try for the M90 class. You have 3 pulls so if it were me I would do my first pull on motor and then turn the juice on. You can decide which # to submit depending on your results.

And no, the turbo guys are not getting to go last so they can dick with their boost controllers. Run what you are comfortable with and call it done.

DrFishbone
09-13-2011, 03:53 PM
2pm looks good :cool:

I'll pay up when I get home tonight... Apparently my web filter at work thinks that the sc-shootout website contains noody material.

Even Danielle is more lenient with how much skin I am allowed to view! :eek:

kenewagner
09-13-2011, 03:58 PM
I guess slot me for 1:00 on Saturday

Ken

SCrazy
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
On Friday Jeff has open availability for tuning or whatever up until 5pm only. Therefore anyone who wants to spend more time on the dyno than 30 minutes needs to schedule in for Friday.

Edit: Forget anything I've said about the dyno....listen to dave

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 04:04 PM
Will all of these dyno runs be restricted to three pulls and done? Will there be time for a couple to few extra pulls if a little bit of tuning is needed? For me, it will take a few pulls just to get the boost back up to par. Then a couple for timing adjustments, since I'm playing it safe with race fuel, this time.

Just put me where you think I would be less of an obstacle.

Casey, will you be there on Friday? You might want to discuss things with Jeff if you need more than 45 minutes on the dyno. I put you down for Saturday but there won't be time for more than 4-5 pulls maximum. It might be better for you if you made arrangements for Friday.

CMac89
09-13-2011, 04:44 PM
I plan on rolling in on Thursday night or early Friday morning. I'll give Friday dyno time a thought.

Instead of getting three pulls, he's just time limiting each session? As in we can do whatever we want within that half hour time period whether it be tuning and a couple of pulls or numerous pulls?

David Neibert
09-13-2011, 04:52 PM
I plan on rolling in on Thursday night or early Friday morning. I'll give Friday dyno time a thought.

Instead of getting three pulls, he's just time limiting each session? As in we can do whatever we want within that half hour time period whether it be tuning and a couple of pulls or numerous pulls?

No..there is a time limit and a limit on the number of pulls you are allowed (3)

David

Ira R.
09-13-2011, 05:00 PM
That's during the competition though. If Casey gets on the dyno Fri morning before the official noon starting time his numbers are off the board and he can work out a deal with Jeff for the dyno time right??

XR7 Dave
09-13-2011, 05:14 PM
I had no idea this would be so confusing for everyone. :confused: Let me try to explain.

When you register for the Shootout you have option of signing up for the dyno competition. There is a $40 additional charge for being part of the dyno competition. This $40 covers up to 3 pulls which can take no more than 45 minutes to complete. We are targeting 30 minutes. After 45 minutes you will be removed from the dyno, regardless of how many pulls you manage unless the delay is due to dyno error. If you complete 3 pulls in less than 30 minutes and want to make more pulls within your allotted time you will be allowed to do so but you will be responsible for paying Jeff for the extra pulls. I don't care what you do within your 3 pulls and 30 minutes (tuning wise).

On Friday it will be a little bit different. Friday is not part of the SC Shootout, specifically. We will allow #'s achieved on Friday to be used for competition purposes but what actually happens is up to you and Jeff. Consider Friday's appointment list to be flexible. On Friday we booked 2 hr intervals instead of 30 minutes. This is because people will be able to tune or have Jeff tune on Friday. There is just very limited availability on Friday.

If none of this works for you, contact Jeff directly to work out other arrangements.

The dyno competition will end when we complete the 5pm appointment on Saturday, regardless of what exact time that occurs at. If we run over trying to complete our list, accommodations will be made. If you come after last appointment, you can go ahead and dyno (as long as Jeff is available) but those #'s will not count for the dyno competition.

jludorf
09-13-2011, 08:57 PM
David,

I would be fine for a mid afternoon slot.

John

super red91
09-13-2011, 10:45 PM
I'll take 2... What class do I fit in with my compound m90 turbo setup I just finished?

CMac89
09-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I'll take 2... What class do I fit in with my compound m90 turbo setup I just finished?

And your V6 8 cylinder? That looks like a lot of trophies.

r429460
09-14-2011, 09:28 AM
I didn't pre-pay for the dyno.
What should I do?
Rick

neverfastenough
09-14-2011, 09:29 AM
And your V6 8 cylinder? That looks like a lot of trophies.

I heard its on the squeeze

XR7 Dave
09-14-2011, 11:10 AM
I didn't pre-pay for the dyno.
What should I do?
Rick

At this point if you have registered as wanting to dyno you have been included on the list. Come race day those who have not paid will be subject to possibly getting bumped. We only have a limited # of spots and they will be filled first come first served.

SCrazy
09-14-2011, 06:56 PM
At this point if you have registered as wanting to dyno you have been included on the list. Come race day those who have not paid will be subject to possibly getting bumped. We only have a limited # of spots and they will be filled first come first served.

I registered but do not have a time slot....anytime, anyplace Saturday is fine.

nickleman60
09-14-2011, 09:15 PM
Ricardo, you don't have to choose which class to participate in but you can only win one award. For example, Keith may want to use his nitrous and try for the V6 Supercharged award or he may decide to turn the juice off and just try for the M90 class. You have 3 pulls so if it were me I would do my first pull on motor and then turn the juice on. You can decide which # to submit depending on your results.

And no, the turbo guys are not getting to go last so they can dick with their boost controllers. Run what you are comfortable with and call it done.

I guess that means that I'm going to have to dyno against the twin screws with a m90 + a 125 shot to take home the plaque ........:rolleyes::D

But then if Neibert isn't in the V6 Supercharged class and I can match my dyno numbers from last year, I can stick with the 100 shot.

Quik95SC
09-16-2011, 11:49 AM
Dave,
Per our conversation, please put me down for one of the times on Saturday in between/after the competition please.

Thanks,

Smitty

XR7 Dave
09-18-2011, 10:59 AM
As of right now Saturday's dyno list is closed. If you indicated in your registration that you wanted to dyno but did not pay, or have not contacted me or posted in this thread to confirm a slot, then you may not be able to dyno.

We will allow "stand by" for people who want to stick around on Saturday for a possible opening, or you can make arrangements either to dyno on Friday or switch with someone else you can dyno on Friday. We will not allow people to get bumped on Saturday though, so be aware that a dyno spot to anyone other than those listed will not be guaranteed.

decipha
09-18-2011, 02:48 PM
for those that need tunes... why does it have to be tuned on the dyno? with all the folks gathering im sure theres got to be many knowledageable folks that can give assistance to street tune some vehicles, will free up the dyno

DrFishbone
09-18-2011, 03:27 PM
for those that need tunes... why does it have to be tuned on the dyno? with all the folks gathering im sure theres got to be many knowledageable folks that can give assistance to street tune some vehicles, will free up the dyno

The dyno times at the shootout are not intended for tuning. Like always, there will be all kinds of people helping with the tuning...whether it be at the track, at the hotel, or Tim Horton's. :D

XR7 Dave
09-18-2011, 05:45 PM

Are you planning to be there? :D I'm sure people would love to have you help them out with their tunes. That being said, maybe you don't quite understand the Shootout format. We aren't doing dyno tuning on Saturday but there is nothing stopping someone from adding/subtracting a little timing or something like that if they feel so inclined. It's a dyno race, not a tuning endeavor.

XR7 Dave
09-20-2011, 10:48 AM
If there is anyone on the dyno list who can dyno on Friday, please post up! We have a few extra people that are going to get bumped on Saturday and some open spots on Friday. Again, anyone who can switch days please let us know, it would be appreciated.

Thanks!

BLOWN38
09-20-2011, 12:00 PM
I can switch.