Shootout Dyno

XR7 Dave

Here is our current Shootout Dyno list. We will be setting up a schedule as we get closer. Please post up if you have any special time requirements or if you are flexible for scheduling. We will try to have it all posted before and at the event so you don't have to wait too long or waste time like in years past. :rolleyes:

Dyno list:

David Neibert
Brian Oatway
Richard Pingol
Ken Wagner
Casey McCarty
Ryan Zimmerly
Cory Binks
Keith Nichols
Chris Vining
Shane Glynn
Ryan Ruvolo
John Ludorf
Ricardo Alfonseca
Will Smith
Matt Haub

Priority will be given to those who have entered into one of our dyno classes and participation will be limited to the available time. Generally we have enough time to get everyone done but just so you all know, there will be a priority schedule.

For refreshers, here are the dyno competition classes:

V8
V6
V6 M90
V6 Supercharged

Last edited:
Will all of these dyno runs be restricted to three pulls and done? Will there be time for a couple to few extra pulls if a little bit of tuning is needed? For me, it will take a few pulls just to get the boost back up to par. Then a couple for timing adjustments, since I'm playing it safe with race fuel, this time.

Just put me where you think I would be less of an obstacle.

The Dyno contest participants and those time slots will have limited pulls with VERY limited time in between for cool down and adjustments. BUT there will be other time slots that are scheduled for people who want to spend some time doing real tuning.

Here is our current Shootout Dyno list. We will be setting up a schedule as we get closer. Please post up if you have any special time requirements or if you are flexible for scheduling. We will try to have it all posted before and at the event so you don't have to wait too long or waste time like in years past. :rolleyes:

Dyno list:

thats a short list, but can one contestant take multiples? Ill take first thing sat morning.

If the group rate gets extended to Friday like last year, I'd like to try to get some numbers again. Anytime Friday is fine.

The rate is applicable to Friday but I have to confirm with Jeff the available times. In order to guarantee a spot you have to pay via the website in advance. Anyone who pays in advance and isn't able to get on for some reason will be refunded their fee. I don't anticipate this being a problem. Anyone who thinks they will need more than 3 pulls needs to make arrangements with Jeff for payment. You will also may be required to be last or next to last.

The rate is applicable to Friday but I have to confirm with Jeff the available times. In order to guarantee a spot you have to pay via the website in advance. Anyone who pays in advance and isn't able to get on for some reason will be refunded their fee. I don't anticipate this being a problem. Anyone who thinks they will need more than 3 pulls needs to make arrangements with Jeff for payment. You will also may be required to be last or next to last.

Cool...when you know what times are available on Friday, I'll take any afternoon slot. :cool:

So we get up to 3 pulls then? As long as they fit in the time slot, I assume.

So we get up to 3 pulls then? As long as they fit in the time slot, I assume.

Correct...what we can't have happening is people making repairs or spending excessive time tuning in their dyno competition time slot. This happened a couple of times last year and just made a mess of the schedule.

Correct...what we can't have happening is people making repairs or spending excessive time tuning in their dyno competition time slot. This happened a couple of times last year and just made a mess of the schedule.

Yeah...it was kind of a mess last year. :(

At that time, I was only half prepared for the dyno anyway. Now, I've got the tune tweaked a little closer, so doing some spark adjustments is all I should have left to do ... for basic race tuning anyway.

I would prefer to put mine on the dyno sometime Saturday. If possible I'd also like to be scheduled after Chris Lazzo :D

David

Spoke with Jeff some time ago and just confirmed my slot. Promise I will stay out of you all's way and be done long before you boys start running for the trophies.

Ira

I'll take the second slot on Sat. morning after Ricardo if it's open, if not the next earliest slot.

What's the difference between V-6 m90 & V-6 supercharged?

Last edited:
I'm going to start putting some lists up now.

On Friday Jeff has open availability for tuning or whatever up until 5pm only. Therefore anyone who wants to spend more time on the dyno than 30 minutes needs to schedule in for Friday. Saturday we will allow minor tweaks if necessary but it will not be tuning sessions. If your car isn't tuned, don't expect to spend 2hrs on the dyno Saturday. If we get done with everyone else and it's not 2am, there is a possibility of some tuning but it will be at Jeff's discretion, but only AFTER the competition portion is complete.

Just need to be clear. We can't have jam ups like last year.

So that being said here is what is going down:

Friday

• 9:00am Ira Robinson
  • 11:00am
  • 1:00pm Chris Vining
  • 2:00pm Matt Haub
  • 3:00pm Please note - the 3pm slot may get bumped if the tuning runs late. Jeff is non-negotiable on the 5pm deadline.
Saturday

• 9:00 Ricardo Alfonseca
  • 9:30 Keith Nichols
  • 10:00 Ryan Zimmerly
  • 10:30 David Neibert
  • 11:00 Cory Binks
  • 11:30 Casey McCarty
  • 12:00
Lunch break
  • 1:00 Ken Wagner
  • 1:30 John Ludorf
  • 2:00 Ryan Ruvolo
  • 2:30 Bryan Oatway
  • 3:00 Will Smith
  • 3:30 James Smith
  • 4:00 Rick Pingol
  • 4:30 Chris Lazzo

*Please note: The order of this list is subject to change. Those who have said they are flexible will expect to move to accommodate someone else who isn't flexible.

*Some people have not paid or confirmed their spots. If you are not listed so far then you need to contact me to make further arrangements. Slots are open on Friday for anyone who will be there and is willing to give up their spot on Saturday. Also, we will employ a "stand by" arrangement for Saturday. If we get ahead of schedule we will allow people to step into those spots.

Last edited:
Ricardo, you don't have to choose which class to participate in but you can only win one award. For example, Keith may want to use his nitrous and try for the V6 Supercharged award or he may decide to turn the juice off and just try for the M90 class. You have 3 pulls so if it were me I would do my first pull on motor and then turn the juice on. You can decide which # to submit depending on your results.

And no, the turbo guys are not getting to go last so they can dick with their boost controllers. Run what you are comfortable with and call it done.

Back