Dinner :
Copper River Grill
Nicholasville, KY
Copper River Grill
501 KeeneCenter Drive
Nicholasville, KY 40356
(859) 885-0044
http://www.copperrivergrill.com

For any earlybirds interested in getting out for a nice fall cruise, on Saturday October 22 a small local car show will be going on in Stamping Ground Ky. which is approximately 40 minutes from the hotel.

Cruisin’ Stampede of Stamping Ground
Cruise your way to the 1st annual Stampede and Family Fun Day

brought to you by
Stamping Ground City Fire Department & Stamping Ground Baptist Church
October 22, 2011 Late and New Models, Imports and Domestic, Compact and Full Size, Muscle and Drag all are welcomed.
Bring the family to enjoy inflatable's, games, food and entertainment.
Registrations open at 12pm –Entry fee day of $20, pre-registrations $15 Stamping Ground Baptist Church on Main St.
Awards at 4pm
1st, 2nd, and 3rd place awards to
1950’s and below, 1960’s, 1970’s, 1980’s, 1990’s to current,
Corvette and Muscle
Event is FREE to general public
For more information please contact: Billy McIntosh at 859-494-2022, Kaye McIntosh at 859-229-9310 or Dale Perry at 859-913-6163
Please fill out the below pre-registration form, attach the entry fee of $15 and mail to Stamping Ground City Hall, ATTN: Billy McIntosh, PO Box 29, Stamping Ground, KY 40379 or drop off at Stamping Ground City Hall, Main Street, Stamping Ground, KY 40379.PLEASE MAKE CHECKS OUT TO: Stamping Ground City Fire Department
This is a non-alcoholic event and all registrations are non-refundable
All pre-registrations must be received by October 15, 2011

mellbutler
09-13-2011, 10:02 PM
sounds good, like the idea of a cruise too!!!:)

David Neibert
09-14-2011, 08:50 AM
Kathy and I are planning to attend.

David

Kurt K
09-14-2011, 09:05 AM
I plan on attending as well. I'll likely be solo on this trip. I'd like to try and make the show on Saturday as well, depending on the weather forecast.

rzimmerl
09-14-2011, 09:07 AM
I am going to try and make it down, I would be coming down on Saturday.

SCrazy
09-14-2011, 09:15 AM
We are planning on making the trip. Probably roll in Saturday afternoon and head home right after racing on Sunday. Not sure what we will do with the kids....maybe let the two older ones stay home and just bring the youngest.

ScrapSC
09-14-2011, 10:09 AM
Im not sure what time the car show starts but the sign/banner has been up in front of the school for the past 3 weeks. The local store that is beside of the school has some very good groceries for lunch!!!! You know me and how I like to eat!!! :D

I have heard several people that have went to Copper River talk about how great the food is. I will need to go and taste test it myself just to make sure before I drag all of you over there. Sorry about the Bison burger incident at "Teds" Montana Grill.

SCrazy
09-14-2011, 10:17 AM
Is the dinner thing on Saturday or after racing?

Kurt K
09-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Is the dinner thing on Saturday or after racing?
We did the dinner thing on Saturday last year.

Ira R.
09-14-2011, 01:57 PM
I can't believe I actually got the time off this year so close after the Shoot Out to be able to attend and I'm being told nope, I can't do back to back road trips!!

Damnitall..... :mad:

Ira

David Neibert
09-14-2011, 02:13 PM
Booked my room at the Hampton listed above, for the 22nd & 23rd.

David

Quik95SC
09-14-2011, 03:11 PM
I can't believe I actually got the time off this year so close after the Shoot Out to be able to attend and I'm being told nope, I can't do back to back road trips!!

Damnitall..... :mad:

Ira

What!! :eek: they aren't back to back, there is a month in between events, back to back would be the following weekend!

Silly Newyorkers! These events are in 2 different months so they can't be back to back! LOL ;)

See how easy that was!

Smitty

DrFishbone
09-14-2011, 03:21 PM

David

What car(s) are you bringing David?

If you bring the 91, I'd like to check out the new TB and stuff, assuming it's installed by then. Well, and assuming we make it to Clay City this year. :rolleyes:

Still need to check with the boss...

Ira R.
09-14-2011, 04:37 PM
What!! :eek: they aren't back to back, there is a month in between events, back to back would be the following weekend!

Silly Newyorkers! These events are in 2 different months so they can't be back to back! LOL ;)

See how easy that was!

Smitty

Silly southerner's. Anytime you do something twice in a row without doing something different in-between is back to back. They could be 6 months apart but it doesn't matter. So I have to squeeze in something different before I can do another week long road trip.

Besides, it's also our 35th anniversary weekend so I should probably do something she wants to do. I'm guessing that spending it in a motel somewhere in Ky is probably not way up there on her list. :confused: :p

Ira

David Neibert
09-14-2011, 05:00 PM
What car(s) are you bringing David?

If you bring the 91, I'd like to check out the new TB and stuff, assuming it's installed by then. Well, and assuming we make it to Clay City this year. :rolleyes:

Still need to check with the boss...

Matt,

I'm planning to bring the 91, and with any luck the 95mm TB will be installed. The main issue with the 95mm TB is not with getting it on the car, it's with retuning the car after it's on there.

David

Quik95SC
09-14-2011, 05:01 PM
Silly southerner's. Anytime you do something twice in a row without doing something different in-between is back to back. They could be 6 months apart but it doesn't matter. So I have to squeeze in something different before I can do another week long road trip.

Besides, it's also our 35th anniversary weekend so I should probably do something she wants to do. I'm guessing that spending it in a motel somewhere in Ky is probably not way up there on her list. :confused: :p

Ira

Well what better way to spend it then with friends, we can help celebrate! :D
And what are you saying about KY anyway? Our Hotels aren't good enough! LOL :eek: Beside it's a Hotel not a motel, nothing sleazy going on here, although the KY Marriage license does ask if you are related and if so how!! I have seen it with my own eyes!

Anyway I understand, but tell her cheez it your 35th, you have already 34 others she knows how it works! You could double up on the flowers and promise a nice romantic evening out and a good meal, it will just happen to be in KY!! ;) with 15-20 other crazy fools like us!!

Hope it works out you can make it but we understand if it doesn't.

Smitty

rzimmerl
09-14-2011, 06:43 PM
Matt,

I'm planning to bring the 91, and with any luck the 95mm TB will be installed. The main issue with the 95mm TB is not with getting it on the car, it's with retuning the car after it's on there.

David

Shouldn't be that bad, just some MAF curve adjustments. Trying to talk Corey into coming so we can caravan down, get him to come he's pretty good road tuning.

neverfastenough
09-14-2011, 06:48 PM
If i can hitch a ride and be back for class on monday im good. I could probably take the sc too, but too risky to race.

rzimmerl
09-14-2011, 06:51 PM
I don't plan to race either.

Kurt K
09-14-2011, 07:04 PM
I don't plan to race either.
wussss! :p

rzimmerl
09-14-2011, 07:18 PM
Ya I know, don't think a mini van is quite capable of towing the SC to Kentucky and back :o.... but we'll see, it'll be a see them race and then I'll want to race...

David Neibert
09-14-2011, 08:58 PM
Shouldn't be that bad, just some MAF curve adjustments. Trying to talk Corey into coming so we can caravan down, get him to come he's pretty good road tuning.

Ryan,

Dave thought the biggest issue would be resetting the idle and maybe the transition coming off idle. He didn't really think WOT stuff was going to be much of a problem.

I'm not thinking it's going to be quite that easy (it never is) and would feel a lot better if Dave was there to fix the tune when it was installed. A big part of my hesitation to just bolt it on and go, is because the tune hasn't been as good as it is now for several years, if ever...and I don't want to screw it up.

David

DrFishbone
09-14-2011, 10:01 PM
Matt,

David

Gotcha...hope I can make it out there in Oct.

DrFishbone
09-14-2011, 10:04 PM
... So I have to squeeze in something different before I can do another week long road trip.

You could install under-hood LED lighting!! :cool::D;):p

ScrapSC
09-14-2011, 10:53 PM
wussss! :p

Now that was funny right there!

ScrapSC
09-14-2011, 10:56 PM

Ira

Now Ira!!! It just so happens that Keenland will be open during that time for horseracing in Lexington. You could bring her down for that and cruise the horse farms in the area. Then go racing on Sunday!!! It is Keenlands 75th anniversary I believe.... Cost $5 dollars to get in and racing starts around 1...
The filmed part of the movie "Sea Biscuit" there.

ScrapSC
09-14-2011, 11:00 PM
http://www.keeneland.com/racing/default.aspx

That is the link to the racing and it looks to be a $150,000 race during that time...

mellbutler
09-14-2011, 11:51 PM
some of us just did time runs last year, that all I plan for...I'm not ready to play with the big dogs, yet.:D

DrFishbone
09-15-2011, 06:41 AM
some of us just did time runs last year, that all I plan for...I'm not ready to play with the big dogs, yet.:D

That'd probably be me too!

Kurt K
09-15-2011, 08:40 AM
some of us just did time runs last year, that all I plan for...I'm not ready to play with the big dogs, yet.:DI wasn't ready either, but somehow I managed to qualify for the field of 32 cars. I even won my 1st round race. It was all over after that though.

I don't expect to qualify this year, as my car isn't any faster and I'm not sure I can duplicate my 11.52 run from last year.

David Neibert
09-15-2011, 12:17 PM
I wasn't ready either, but somehow I managed to qualify for the field of 32 cars. I even won my 1st round race. It was all over after that though.

I don't expect to qualify this year, as my car isn't any faster and I'm not sure I can duplicate my 11.52 run from last year.

I'll likely race in the Test & Tune class again, just to avoid the Pro tree.

David

Kurt K
09-15-2011, 01:20 PM
I'll likely race in the Test & Tune class again, just to avoid the Pro tree.

David
You can race test & tune after you lose....chicken :)

Ira R.
09-15-2011, 04:27 PM
I appreciate everyone's encouragement and the creative ideas that have been offered but she has already decided that we are spending a week in the Caribbean. White sand, blue water and 80 temperatures.

I'd rather be racing! :D

Ira

KYSal
09-15-2011, 08:22 PM
I appreciate everyone's encouragement and the creative ideas that have been offered but she has already decided that we are spending a week in the Caribbean. White sand, blue water and 80 temperatures.

Ira

Dang, you just had to mention WHITE sand and warm weather didn't ya. You don't have to rub it in ya know. Congrats on the 35 years though that's an awesome accomplishment! And yes I am extremely jealous we skipped the beach trip this year :(
Have fun and be safe!

David Neibert
09-15-2011, 11:45 PM

Ira

I thought it was Hurricane season until November...probably safer to go to KY.

David

Ira R.
09-16-2011, 07:18 AM
I thought it was Hurricane season until November...probably safer to go to KY.

David

lol - more true than you realize. A couple of years ago we cruised the Caribbean and didn't get to one port of call we were supposed to see. The schedule was completely a day to day hour to hour thing. We would wake up each morning and wonder where we were because we spent the entire trip tracking Wilma and going in the other direction.

Kind of cool actually.

Ira

SCrazy
09-16-2011, 08:35 AM

Ira

I guess we know why Ira has stayed married for 35 years!!

Ira R.
09-16-2011, 10:51 AM
I guess we know why Ira has stayed married for 35 years!!

Well hell yes. It's because I do as I'm told!! :D

Ira

Super XR7
09-18-2011, 08:38 PM
We plan on attending and coming up on Saturday with a arrival for late morning. Going for 11's

Mike

ScrapSC
09-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Sounds good Tuck... Hope to see you this weekend and in October!

KYSal
09-20-2011, 11:23 PM
Posted info concerning the car show in Stamping Ground, there's a pre-registration fee and day of fee. List the awards to be given out as well. All proceeds go to the Fire department in an effort to raise money to match a Wildland grant. Beleive me, they need all the help they can get, it's a town of about 1700 with ZERO traffic lights. :)

ScrapSC
09-21-2011, 01:27 PM
Ryan,

Dave thought the biggest issue would be resetting the idle and maybe the transition coming off idle. He didn't really think WOT stuff was going to be much of a problem.

I'm not thinking it's going to be quite that easy (it never is) and would feel a lot better if Dave was there to fix the tune when it was installed. A big part of my hesitation to just bolt it on and go, is because the tune hasn't been as good as it is now for several years, if ever...and I don't want to screw it up.

David

Sounds like Dalke needs to show up with his car as well and school us on some of this stuff. :)

David Neibert
09-22-2011, 01:37 PM
Sounds like Dalke needs to show up with his car as well and school us on some of this stuff. :)

I wish !! If Dave was coming, I'd go ahead on put the 95mm TB on the car.

David

neverfastenough
09-22-2011, 01:46 PM
I wish !! If Dave was coming, I'd go ahead on put the 95mm TB on the car.

David

I dont know even a 1/4 of what dalke does when it comes to tuning, but I think I can handle the minor changes needed for the 95mm tb. So if I go, and dalke approves of me playing with your tune:p I can help you out. Zimmerlys car wouldnt even drive the other night, after just 3 emails he was comfortable enough to start doing full pulls with it. I quit and went to bed before we could go any further. Ive helped him do start ups, and IAC duty cycle , etc on his ar car also because of bad idle and cold/hot starts.

rzimmerl
09-22-2011, 01:55 PM
I hope to have the 95mm TB on and an HPX/BA5000 maf in for this meet.

Dirtyd0g
09-26-2011, 01:57 PM
Anybody know the entree fee's racing?
Alan

David Neibert
09-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Anybody know the entree fee's racing?
Alan

I think it was $40 to race last year, and probably the same this year.

David

Dirtyd0g
09-26-2011, 08:08 PM
I am planning to go if I can get some bugs worked out on the car (tuned) Chris was asking how much it was going to be so we'll see if he decides to go.
Alan

mellbutler
09-26-2011, 08:14 PM
Man, this event is almost turning into SC shootout II:cool:

ScrapSC
09-26-2011, 10:01 PM
$10 to spectate, $30 to test n tune, $40 to race..

World Record setting Outlaw car to be there at the event...

David Neibert
09-29-2011, 12:52 PM
As of yesterday, I had pretty much made up my mind to bring the turbo car to KY for another crack at getting into the 9s...then I drove my 91 to work today, and now I'm back to thinking I should race it instead :confused:

David

BLOWN38
09-29-2011, 12:54 PM
I'll be a last minute entry if I can make it. Have to check the funds. Its about the same distance as dayton is for me.

DrFishbone
09-29-2011, 01:10 PM
I may have trashed the rear suspension on my car...so the likelihood of my attendance is dropping. :(

We might still drive the Mustang down and watch or something....we'll see.

mellbutler
09-29-2011, 01:14 PM
oh no, hope the fall meet doesn't go by the wayside like the spring one did:(

Matt-bring the white one...

ScrapSC
09-29-2011, 01:46 PM
As of yesterday, I had pretty much made up my mind to bring the turbo car to KY for another crack at getting into the 9s...then I drove my 91 to work today, and now I'm back to thinking I should race it instead :confused:

David

That would be a tough decision to make. Just bring both!!! :D

Kurt K
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
That would be a tough decision to make. Just bring both!!! :DI might be willing to leave mine at home and drive one of them:)

neverfastenough
09-29-2011, 02:04 PM
I might be willing to leave mine at home and drive one of them:)

Problem solved, Ill bring a round of axles for everyone!

David Neibert
09-29-2011, 02:29 PM
I might be willing to leave mine at home and drive one of them:)

No thanks, besides the posibility of breaking both cars, you'll probably end up beating my best ET by 2 tenths and make my driving look even worse than it already does.

Since I'm not planning to swap the throttle body until afterward, bringing the 91 would be a very low stress deal. It would also let me know how much better or worse it is with the new converter, intake stuff and a dialed in tune. Then I'll still have the TB upgrade to look forward to for next year. BTW....Butt dyno says it's going to be much better on the launch, IF it hooks :cool:

David

Kurt K
09-29-2011, 02:41 PM
So you didn't spell it out. White car or black car?

old_coot
09-29-2011, 03:06 PM
I may have trashed the rear suspension on my car...so the likelihood of my attendance is dropping. :(

We might still drive the Mustang down and watch or something....we'll see.

Matt, the pullapart in Louisville has a bunch of Thunderbirds, so I'm sure the parts you need are there to be had for cheap---you have a nearly a month to get it fixed....DO WORK SON...............Dan

David Neibert
09-29-2011, 03:10 PM
So you didn't spell it out. White car or black car?

I don't know...I'm gonna talk with the old tree of knowledge in my backyard for some guidance later tonight.

David

Quik95SC
09-29-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know...I'm gonna talk with the old tree of knowledge in my backyard for some guidance later tonight.

David

Dave, you are so close to that elusive 9 second time slip, and you saw how Kurt ran his best time in KY last year, by a large amount.

With the cold air and some good track prep, you should easily be able to get into the low 9.90's perhaps even better.

That is just my personal opinion, which of course means nothing.

Regards,
Smitty

Quik95SC
09-29-2011, 03:43 PM
Seeing as this is turning out to be a great end of the year opportunity, I would really like to see if we could incoorperate some tuning sessions during the day.

We could use some of our runs and let everyone see what our datalogs look like and any things they notice, that could make the car run better/faster.

There will be a few people there that certainly have a much more tuning experience then I do. I would like to pick some brains during the racing and see how to make some good changes if needed.

Let me know what everyone thinks if you are going to this event.

Smitty

mellbutler
09-29-2011, 03:50 PM
Seeing as this is turning out to be a great end of the year opportunity, I would really like to see if we could incoorperate some tuning sessions during the day.

We could use some of our runs and let everyone see what our datalogs look like and any things they notice, that could make the car run better/faster.

There will be a few people there that certainly have a much more tuning experience then I do. I would like to pick some brains during the racing and see how to make some good changes if needed.

Let me know what everyone thinks if you are going to this event.

Smitty

we will be there...and yes anything we can get would be great...hope to get the lc-1 communicating with BE this weekend:confused: my maf curve needs tweeked.:p

old_coot
09-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I just learned of a dyno event in Louisville on Saturday---three pulls for fifty dollars for those of us that might need it....quite a drive from lexington, but it might be worth it for a few of us.......Dan

Quik95SC
09-30-2011, 04:22 PM
I just learned of a dyno event in Louisville on Saturday---three pulls for fifty dollars for those of us that might need it....quite a drive from lexington, but it might be worth it for a few of us.......Dan

Dan,
Who needs a stinking Dyno, all they do it let you down anyway. Get that thing out on the track and tune it that way. Take it easy at first, see how things are, Check the Datalogs, make adjustments,then drove it like you stole sir!

My engine and combo had about 50 miles on them when I dynoed and raced on Sunday, so go for it.

Smitty

Quik95SC
09-30-2011, 04:25 PM

David

So what did your tree tell you Dave?

I heard it from here, it said 9 second time slip, 9 second time slip!!
Colder air, better conditions, if you bring it it will run it!! ;)

Smitty

David Neibert
09-30-2011, 05:14 PM
So what did your tree tell you Dave?

I heard it from here, it said 9 second time slip, 9 second time slip!!
Colder air, better conditions, if you bring it it will run it!! ;)

Smitty

Sorta...My old wise tree said that it heard that our local track may be open for the first time this season next friday night, and that I should go and try to get that 9 second timeslip, so I can bring my 91 to Kentucky.

David

ScrapSC
09-30-2011, 07:52 PM

Dyno???? I am with Smitty. We can learn just as much from pulls on the highway and even on the track.

DrFishbone
10-02-2011, 10:43 AM
Sorta...My old wise tree said that it heard that our local track may be open for the first time this season next friday night, and that I should go and try to get that 9 second timeslip, so I can bring my 91 to Kentucky.

David

Oh yeeeaaah!
:cool:

David Neibert
10-02-2011, 01:46 PM
Oh yeeeaaah!
:cool:

Sorry...My wise old tree ended up not being so wise. The local track opening up next week ended up being no more that a rumor. As of right now, the plan is to bring the turbo car to KY and see if I can get that 9 second time slip.

David

mellbutler
10-02-2011, 02:22 PM
well I might be coming alone...

DrFishbone
10-03-2011, 09:29 AM
Sorry...My wise old tree ended up not being so wise. The local track opening up next week ended up being no more that a rumor. As of right now, the plan is to bring the turbo car to KY and see if I can get that 9 second time slip.

David

Still cool. :cool:

DrFishbone
10-03-2011, 12:57 PM
I may have trashed the rear suspension on my car...so the likelihood of my attendance is dropping.

BTW...looks like it's still holding up. :) Definitely very worn out, but I think it can still take a little more beating. :cool:

I had a good bit of extra weight in the trunk on the way home from the shootout and it was driving pretty weird (bump steering)...should have been lighter than the trip up though. :confused:

that being said, I'm planning on breaking in the 12's!!! Cooler temps, no belt slip, hopefully get the tune closer yet...and getting some better launches :o should do the trick.

KYSal
10-03-2011, 10:49 PM
well I might be coming alone...

Uh oh...Matt have to work?

mellbutler
10-03-2011, 11:33 PM
Uh oh...Matt have to work?

With just having taken 4 days off for the shootout...he's not sure if he wants to take time off just to come watch me make a few passes. Well I was an only child and am used to doing things on my own...no big deal...I can change to the slicks now on my own and shouldn't really need anything else. Just kinda depends, but I might be bringing a buddy. Just have to see how things work out...but I'm def coming!!!

Kurt K
10-05-2011, 09:48 AM

David
Since you are planning on arriving Saturday, are you still planning on attending the car show? If so, how early do we need to leave STL?

David Neibert
10-05-2011, 12:13 PM
Since you are planning on arriving Saturday, are you still planning on attending the car show? If so, how early do we need to leave STL?

Kurt,

I wasn't planning to take my car off the trailer until we got to the track Sunday. I'm fine with going to the carshow as a spectator and pretty flexible on what time we leave Saturday morning.

David

ScrapSC
10-10-2011, 02:09 PM
Wont be long and Dave will put the weather page up!!! :D

SCrazy
10-10-2011, 02:39 PM
Kurt,

I wasn't planning to take my car off the trailer until we got to the track Sunday. I'm fine with going to the carshow as a spectator and pretty flexible on what time we leave Saturday morning.

David

I think I'm in the same boat...we plan on driving all day on Friday but not sure if we are going to push all the way through or stop Friday evening and get in early Saturday. Either way I would not intend to take the car off the trailer and in fact may not even bring the street tires.

See all of you soon.

mellbutler
10-10-2011, 06:09 PM
any recomendations for a cheap hotel...otherwise I might have to sleep in the car...lol

ScrapSC
10-10-2011, 09:29 PM
I think I'm in the same boat...we plan on driving all day on Friday but not sure if we are going to push all the way through or stop Friday evening and get in early Saturday. Either way I would not intend to take the car off the trailer and in fact may not even bring the street tires.

See all of you soon.

The car show was just something we saw as we came through town one day. What we may do is check it out and see how many cars are there and if it is worth going to. I do know that there is one in Winchester in October that has a bunch of cars but it is usually around the first of the month. Keeneland is in and running the horses if you like that sort of thing. I have been only once and it was pretty cool. The only drawback is how busy it is and packed with people.

Mel I dont really know of a cheap hotel around there. I know that Dave, Kurt, Oatway have already booked at the hotel you all stayed at last year.

Quik95SC
10-11-2011, 03:00 PM
Well I certainly hope it is this nice come race day!!

Looks fantastic...........................so Far!! As I recall there was frost on the ground when I first got there that morning last year!

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ky/clay-city/40312/forecast-details.asp?fday=11

Ha! I Beat Dave to it!! LOL :D

Smitty

ScrapSC
10-11-2011, 05:54 PM
Well I certainly hope it is this nice come race day!!

Looks fantastic...........................so Far!! As I recall there was frost on the ground when I first got there that morning last year!

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ky/clay-city/40312/forecast-details.asp?fday=11

Ha! I Beat Dave to it!! LOL :D

Smitty

Your right. Frost was on the ground and it took a while to warm up. We could just get together on Saturday and go over some of the tuning stuff together before going to eat.

Kurt K
10-11-2011, 06:14 PM
Your right. Frost was on the ground and it took a while to warm up. We could just get together on Saturday and go over some of the tuning stuff together before going to eat.
That's sounding more realistic than going to the show, especially since David and I won't be leaving St. Louis until Saturday morning.

BLOWN38
10-11-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm thinking I'll make it.

KYSal
10-12-2011, 11:01 AM

YAY!! YAY!! YAY!! Me thinks some birdies are gonna get noticed amoungst all them mustangs and chevy's.

SCrazy
10-12-2011, 11:21 AM

...Awesome...

Quik95SC
10-12-2011, 12:36 PM

That would be great actually. I have installed the larger Meth nozzle in my setup to see about getting even lower ACT's, but will bring the smaller one just in case it doesn't work out very well.

So far it seems to be doing OK, will know more this friday when I hit the local 8th mile, to see if there is a trend.

Smitty

David Neibert
10-12-2011, 12:48 PM

Chris,

That's great....I've been looking forward to a rematch, ever since losing to you at the 2010 Shootout.

David

David Neibert
10-12-2011, 12:52 PM

I think that's a great idea, because I've already forgotten how to do anything with BE, even simple stuff like datalogging.

David

ScrapSC
10-12-2011, 06:33 PM
Ahhh Yeh!!! now all we need is for Ole Siska to sneak in for the weekend!!! LOL:D

EECDOC
10-12-2011, 08:12 PM
Anthony and Sally, as much as I'd love to drag the car up to make this meet, It does not look like I'll be able to make it.

I've not even had time to take the car off the trailer for it's after event check out. The next 3 weekends are booked with home projects to finish and a couple day trips to take care of a little business.

Hope the weather is great for your event.

Mike........;)

ScrapSC
10-12-2011, 09:16 PM
Anthony and Sally, as much as I'd love to drag the car up to make this meet, It does not look like I'll be able to make it.

I've not even had time to take the car off the trailer for it's after event check out. The next 3 weekends are booked with home projects to finish and a couple day trips to take care of a little business.

Hope the weather is great for your event.

Mike........;)

No problem Mike. I know it would be a haul for you. I just love watching the car launch and go down the track. Sally has a picture of you on launch with the front wheels off the ground!!! Who knows maybe the spring meet...:D

mellbutler
10-14-2011, 08:40 AM
Well I found a super 8 about 2 miles down the interstate. For half the money that works for me. As long as I have a bed, tv, and tiolet I'm good:)

hey I need a few contacts to use to meet up with yall (lord, I said ya'll...feelin that ky charm all ready:)..pm me cell numbers please

Quik95SC
10-14-2011, 01:12 PM
Hey everyone,
What is the plan for Saturday afternoon? Where are we meeting/tuning info, time for meet up, Dinner etc; Is the restaraunt in the first post still the place we are meeting for dinner?

Just trying to find out so I can plan accordingly.

Anthony I have your #, so if I need anything I will give you a call.

So Far So good, Sunday is looking fantastic! :D Should be great racing weather, perhaps a few new PB can be run, especially for one 9 second SC that will be there?

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ky/clay-city/40312/forecast-details.asp?fday=6

Hey I am still looking for an 85mm TB for sale from one of you really go fast folks, let me know what you got!

Smitty

David Neibert
10-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Hey everyone,
What is the plan for Saturday afternoon? Where are we meeting/tuning info, time for meet up, Dinner etc; Is the restaraunt in the first post still the place we are meeting for dinner?

Just trying to find out so I can plan accordingly.

Anthony I have your #, so if I need anything I will give you a call.

So Far So good, Sunday is looking fantastic! :D Should be great racing weather, perhaps a few new PB can be run, especially for one 9 second SC that will be there?

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ky/clay-city/40312/forecast-details.asp?fday=6

Hey I am still looking for an 85mm TB for sale from one of you really go fast folks, let me know what you got!

Smitty

Smitty,

Not sure what 9 second car you are talking about...is Chris Lazzo coming ? I've decided to bring my v6 car and see if it's got enough to get back into the 10s and give Chris Vinning some competition. Sorry...two other guys have already got dibs on my 85mm TB.

David

ScrapSC
10-14-2011, 06:50 PM
Sally and I visited the eatery that we posted and it was really good food. The only issue we had was that they would not take reservations and it is very busy!!! So I will be calling around in the Hamburg area of Lexington to see who will take reservations and if we can get something set up for a party of 15 around 7pm???

With most of the people staying in Winchester except for us I think it would be best to just meet up at the Hotel and go over tuning stuff. We could then just leave from there and head out to grub.

rzimmerl
10-15-2011, 08:16 AM
Smitty my 85mm TB is for sale, haven't posted it up yet so let me know if you want it.

I won't be making the trip down, been advised to park it until I can figure out exactly what is making the valvetrain noise. Have fun and hope there is a spring meet to do this again.

ScrapSC
10-15-2011, 06:47 PM
Man I hate to hear that. Was hoping you and Binks would make it down to help us out on the tuning stuff.

Blown347
10-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Hitting kilkare tomorrow and if all the changes I made work out and nothing breaks i'll be down.

Chris

ScrapSC
10-15-2011, 07:15 PM
Cool!!! Hope it all works out for ya. Would be good to see that Bird again.:D

SCrazy
10-16-2011, 04:39 PM
I just realized I haven't registered for any of the track stuff and I don't see the registration info on the flyer. Hope I haven't screwed myself.

What classes are people running in??

Kurt K
10-16-2011, 05:55 PM
I just realized I haven't registered for any of the track stuff and I don't see the registration info on the flyer. Hope I haven't screwed myself.

What classes are people running in??hmm, I didn't pre-register either...I don't remember needing to last year.

ScrapSC
10-16-2011, 07:51 PM
hmm, I didn't pre-register either...I don't remember needing to last year.

You dont need to register for anything at the track. That was just for the car show if we had attended it.

DrFishbone
10-17-2011, 07:26 AM
I'm planning to be there on Sunday for sure now. Finally got my LC-1 giving accurate readings to the QH/BE and belt slip fixed. If the weather is cool, 12's are in sight!!!! :D:D

Only reasons I might not come would be weather related. :rolleyes: anyway, hope to see all you guys there! I don't plan to race since even a 12sec car looks like it would be slow vs the competition, but I'll be there to cheer on the big dogs that show up. :D

Quik95SC
10-17-2011, 08:57 AM
With most of the people staying in Winchester except for us I think it would be best to just meet up at the Hotel and go over tuning stuff. We could then just leave from there and head out to grub.

That sounds fine what time are we thinking? Heading out early Saturday morning myself, just trying to figure out how early, I need to leave.

What time are the St. Louis folks headimng out and planning to be there at the hotel? That could very well determine the timeline actually.

Smitty

SCrazy
10-17-2011, 09:26 AM
My plan is to drive straight through on Friday (850mi Baby!!) so we will be at the hotel all day on Saturday.

Kurt K
10-17-2011, 09:58 AM
That sounds fine what time are we thinking? Heading out early Saturday morning myself, just trying to figure out how early, I need to leave.

What time are the St. Louis folks headimng out and planning to be there at the hotel? That could very well determine the timeline actually.

Smitty
We haven't discussed any more details than Saturday morning. :rolleyes: Anyway, I'm sure David and I will work out the details in the next day or two. I haven't even checked to see how far it is, so that I can estimate a departure time. The only thing I do know is that I will be loading my car on the trailer on Friday and that my 38 gallon fuel tank will out-last my bladder on the trip (meaning David will likely be determining any stops while driving).

mellbutler
10-17-2011, 05:19 PM
well...bad news...money is not co operating! After having my sugery and now owe 5k+ on nedical bills, and trying to get Michelle's birthday party done...and Halloween coming up...It would prolly cost me at least $300 and just don't think I can squeeze it out...I'm bummed...but if there is any way I can I will:(

Matt H-glad you got the lc-1 working,,,no go here still...gonna sell it and get the other things..can't remeber what it's called...I will have to get the control arms another time

DrFishbone
10-18-2011, 07:33 AM
well...bad news...money is not co operating! After having my sugery and now owe 5k+ on nedical bills, and trying to get Michelle's birthday party done...and Halloween coming up...It would prolly cost me at least $300 and just don't think I can squeeze it out...I'm bummed...but if there is any way I can I will:(

Matt H-glad you got the lc-1 working,,,no go here still...gonna sell it and get the other things..can't remeber what it's called...I will have to get the control arms another time

Well that sucks.. :(

Hope you can make it! If you do, I may have time to help you figure out that LC-1. They are a little inconsistent though...I did the exact same adjustment (output function adjustments) about 25 times..most of the time, it would flash "7.4" as I was working...other times, it would read whatever the last flat-line value I entered was. :rolleyes: At least it always updated, after unpluugging, replugging the USB-to-serial, waiting on sensor, etc. Have you updated the firmware on the LC-1 yet?

I plan to try several times to get my 12.9, but I imagine that I will have some free time, if anyone needs an extra pit crew member or a slightly better than novice QH/LC1 tuner.

KYSal
10-18-2011, 12:43 PM
I'm planning to be there on Sunday for sure now. Finally got my LC-1 giving accurate readings to the QH/BE and belt slip fixed. If the weather is cool, 12's are in sight!!!! :D:D

Only reasons I might not come would be weather related. :rolleyes: anyway, hope to see all you guys there! I don't plan to race since even a 12sec car looks like it would be slow vs the competition, but I'll be there to cheer on the big dogs that show up. :D

WOO HOO!!! Anthony's got mine about finished up. He's working on tuning now. Can't wait to get it out of the garage and driving down the road. Weather is suppose to be sunny and mid 60's. We'll get to hotel whenever people's say they are getting there. :)

David Neibert
10-18-2011, 01:14 PM
Got the 95mm TB installed and the car has been re-tuned and running real strong. With the looser converter, added power and very cool weather, getting traction off the line may be an issue. Hope they do a good job prepping the track and use VHT the first 200 or 300 ft. off the starting line.

Really looking forward to racing the car and seeing everyone.

David

Quik95SC
10-18-2011, 03:48 PM
Weatherman looks like he will cooperate this weekend.

Looking like an awseome day to run fast!

http://www.accuweather.com/us/ky/clay-city/40312/forecast-weekends.asp

If you are still on the fence about coming to this event, it would greatly worth your effort to do so! Some great times are going to be run, I can feel it!

Be safe to all while traveling especially those coming from a long distance.

Look forward to seeing everyone at the Hotel Saturday afternoon sometime. We may even leave Friday night after I get off work, but we will see about that. Means we will be rolling into friends of ours about 2 am :rolleyes: In any event it will be early Saturday morning (5-6 am) Arriving no later than 11-12pm.

Sally you better hope yours is running right, I just ran a new PB at our local 1/8th mile last Friday, 7.81 w/ a 1.64 60ft.

Smitty

DrFishbone
10-18-2011, 03:57 PM
WOO HOO!!! Anthony's got mine about finished up. He's working on tuning now. Can't wait to get it out of the garage and driving down the road. Weather is suppose to be sunny and mid 60's. We'll get to hotel whenever people's say they are getting there. :)

Sweet! Are you both going to have cars this time?

BLOWN38
10-18-2011, 04:25 PM
What time is everyone gettting to the hotel?

And if you run, say the street class and get knocked out can you still do the grudge runs?

David Neibert
10-18-2011, 05:49 PM

And if you run, say the street class and get knocked out can you still do the grudge runs?

Me, Kathy and Kurt should arrive at the hotel sometime between 2 and 3 PM Saturday. Someone else will need to answer your question about the race format, because I ran in the T&T class last year.

David

David Neibert
10-18-2011, 05:51 PM
Hitting kilkare tomorrow and if all the changes I made work out and nothing breaks i'll be down.

Chris

Chris,

So how did it go at Kilkare .....you srill coming to KY ??

David

Blown347
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Chris,

So how did it go at Kilkare .....you srill coming to KY ??

David

After upping the pulley combo from a 73 tooth to a 92 tooth on the crank pulley I broke something in the valvetrain, going to tear into it tomorrow hope it's just a loose rocker arm or something easy to fix, was hitting 31lbs of boost and about half track something went wrong. Went through the traps at 10.17 @112 mph was on the best pass I ever made had a 1.40 60' and went 5.52 in the 1/8.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

mellbutler
10-18-2011, 08:24 PM
Well that sucks.. :(

Hope you can make it! If you do, I may have time to help you figure out that LC-1. They are a little inconsistent though...I did the exact same adjustment (output function adjustments) about 25 times..most of the time, it would flash "7.4" as I was working...other times, it would read whatever the last flat-line value I entered was. :rolleyes: At least it always updated, after unpluugging, replugging the USB-to-serial, waiting on sensor, etc. Have you updated the firmware on the LC-1 yet?

I plan to try several times to get my 12.9, but I imagine that I will have some free time, if anyone needs an extra pit crew member or a slightly better than novice QH/LC1 tuner.

well if there is ANY way I can make it I will...mel

David Neibert
10-18-2011, 10:09 PM
After upping the pulley combo from a 73 tooth to a 92 tooth on the crank pulley I broke something in the valvetrain, going to tear into it tomorrow hope it's just a loose rocker arm or something easy to fix, was hitting 31lbs of boost and about half track something went wrong. Went through the traps at 10.17 @112 mph was on the best pass I ever made had a 1.40 60' and went 5.52 in the 1/8.

I'll let you know tomorrow how it goes.

Chris,

Holy Crap !! 5.52 in the 1/8 is flying. What was your 1/8 mph ? Sounds like you were on track for an 8 second pass.

David

ScrapSC
10-18-2011, 10:49 PM

Yes you can. Everyone that I have been to they have had a lane for that. Once they get the ladders in the classes finished for that round they run the grudges.. That is how it was in the past.

Kurt K
10-19-2011, 12:42 AM
Hey Anthony, did you ever find another dining establishment?

SCrazy
10-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Car's loaded on the trailer.....I'm ready to roll!!

Quik95SC
10-19-2011, 09:43 AM
Car's loaded on the trailer.....I'm ready to roll!!

Great, Be safe and we will see you guys On Saturday Sometime.

PM Sent

Smitty

David Neibert
10-19-2011, 02:02 PM
For anyone attending that planned to be traveling through Louisville KY, you should plan an alternate route, because the bridge between IN and KY at Louisville on I-64 is closed in both directions.

David

Quik95SC
10-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Chris,

Holy Crap !! 5.52 in the 1/8 is flying.

David

I was just thinking the same thing while reading this! :eek: Isn't that around 115 in the 8th or so! Man and you still had another 1/8th to go with that head of steam:D

Could have been a fantastic run for sure! Hope nothing is seriously wrong internally.

Hope to see you this weekend.

Smitty

SCrazy
10-19-2011, 02:20 PM
For anyone attending that planned to be traveling through Louisville KY, you should plan an alternate route, because the bridge between IN and KY at Louisville on I-64 is closed in both directions.

David

Thanks for the heads up......luckily I stay well east of Louisville.

David Neibert
10-19-2011, 02:36 PM
Thanks for the heads up......luckily I stay well east of Louisville.

Brian,

I was going to say "Lucky You", but I remembered you are already travelling more than twice as far. The alternate route Kurt and I will likely be using adds about another hour to the trip.

David

SCrazy
10-19-2011, 02:41 PM
Brian,

I was going to say "Lucky You", but I remembered you are already travelling more than twice as far. The alternate route Kurt and I will likely be using adds about another hour to the trip.

David

830mi each way......my lucky day!!

But an hour detour really sucks.

David Neibert
10-19-2011, 05:35 PM
I was just thinking the same thing while reading this! :eek: Isn't that around 115 in the 8th or so! Man and you still had another 1/8th to go with that head of steam:D

Could have been a fantastic run for sure! Hope nothing is seriously wrong internally.

Hope to see you this weekend.

Smitty

Smitty,

I don't know but I'm running 113 mph in the 1/8 with my turbo car doing 6.6, so he's probably in the 130s. According to this calculator a 5.52 1/8 mile equals an 8.66 1/4 mile.

http://www.fastnuf.com/QMC.html

David

Blown347
10-19-2011, 08:07 PM
Smitty,

I don't know but I'm running 113 mph in the 1/8 with my turbo car doing 6.6, so he's probably in the 130s. According to this calculator a 5.52 1/8 mile equals an 8.66 1/4 mile.

http://www.fastnuf.com/QMC.html

David

Took off the valve covers today and nothing looked broke, took out the spark plugs and put my finger over #1 to get compression stroke and nothing. Put on the compression tester and still nothing tried all the holes on the drivers side and no compression on any cylinder ~~~ don't know if my compression checker is good or not. Going to buy a new one tomorrow and recheck.

My ET in the 1/8 was 126 then quickly fell off, Im over spinning the blower by 10,000 rpm this is 12 lbs of boost higher then the shootout. I made 679 at the shootout they say every # of boost is 25 HP if thats right I was pushing pver 900 at the wheels. However I did find a plug wire that is burnt/melted showing bare wire that maybe why it cut out at half track.

If I can't bring the car I'll just drive the vette down heck with it..........

mellbutler
10-19-2011, 08:30 PM
anyone happen to be coming by/through whichita? There is a tranny we need from there....

BLOWN38
10-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Is anyone running one of the classes or just test and tune?

mellbutler
10-19-2011, 10:16 PM
If i get to go I will be T&T

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Is anyone running one of the classes or just test and tune?

Chris,

Kurt wants to run True Street and if he does I guess I will too. Just don't like the Pro tree. We can all decide on what class to run the night before at the hotel.

David

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 12:16 AM
Took off the valve covers today and nothing looked broke, took out the spark plugs and put my finger over #1 to get compression stroke and nothing. Put on the compression tester and still nothing tried all the holes on the drivers side and no compression on any cylinder ~~~ don't know if my compression checker is good or not. Going to buy a new one tomorrow and recheck.

My ET in the 1/8 was 126 then quickly fell off, Im over spinning the blower by 10,000 rpm this is 12 lbs of boost higher then the shootout. I made 679 at the shootout they say every # of boost is 25 HP if thats right I was pushing pver 900 at the wheels. However I did find a plug wire that is burnt/melted showing bare wire that maybe why it cut out at half track.

If I can't bring the car I'll just drive the vette down heck with it..........

Chris,

If you couldn't feel compression holding your finger over the plug hole, then couldn't get anything on the entire bank with compression tester...that's not good and I expect you will be driving the Vette. Glad to hear you're still coming.

David

PS: While pulling and regapping my plugs on the white car this evening, the dipstick was in my way so I decided to check the oil while I was pulling it to set on the work bench. Couldn't see any oil showing on the dipstick, then I noticed the end was broke off and I could see where it's been hitting the crank :( Then I put my spare dipstick in and still wasn't showing any oil :eek: It was two quarts low and doesn't leak a drop :confused:

BLOWN38
10-20-2011, 09:37 AM
Chris,

If you couldn't feel compression holding your finger over the plug hole, then couldn't get anything on the entire bank with compression tester...that's not good and I expect you will be driving the Vette. Glad to hear you're still coming.

David

PS: While pulling and regapping my plugs on the white car this evening, the dipstick was in my way so I decided to check the oil while I was pulling it to set on the work bench. Couldn't see any oil showing on the dipstick, then I noticed the end was broke off and I could see where it's been hitting the crank :( Then I put my spare dipstick in and still wasn't showing any oil :eek: It was two quarts low and doesn't leak a drop :confused:

gotta watch them new motors. lucky you got that 7 quart oil pan. ;-)

i will try true street too. i don't not like the pro tree, but the car doesn't react quick enough. the 400 pro tree is easy tho, you see light.... go baby go!

DrFishbone
10-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Brian,

David

Depending on when you guys hit Louisville (and the weather), taking I-265 over to I-65, then crossing the river that way is not too bad.
If the detour you plan on taking is only an extra hour and you detest 30min of stop-and-go, then just take the detour. :)

I work in Louisville and have to deal with this everyday. :rolleyes:

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 11:42 AM
gotta watch them new motors. lucky you got that 7 quart oil pan. ;-)

i will try true street too. i don't not like the pro tree, but the car doesn't react quick enough. the 400 pro tree is easy tho, you see light.... go baby go!

Chris,

I wish I had 7 qts. I'm thinking that running on a fat tune for so long was probably causing the higher than normal oil consumption. Drove it to work and on the way I stopped at Valvoline for an oil & filter change. The guys working there were very impressed and had an easy time, because there wasn't anything else they could service except for checking the tire pressure. Just for grins I didn't mention that the dipstick was 6"s shorter than it should be :D

After the oil change I got on it a couple times to see if the misfire we heard on the dyno was gone. Felt very smooth and didn't hear any misfires, but it wasn't under that much of a load either, because it kept spinning the tires everytime I got on it. After trying it at 60 mph and leaving about 75 ft of rubber on the ground and still spinning until I let off, I quit trying :cool:

David

PS: I'm very impressed with how well it starts, idles and transitions from idle to part or full throttle with the 95mm TB.

Blown347
10-20-2011, 01:14 PM
Got it all figured out went through the valves and found 5 valve hung open and a few that where loose as could be. It's making good compression and shoud run like a champ now. Should have it all together tonight...... Amen

Chris

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 01:40 PM
Got it all figured out went through the valves and found 5 valve hung open and a few that where loose as could be. It's making good compression and shoud run like a champ now. Should have it all together tonight...... Amen

Chris

That's great...are you planning to give the high boost pulley another go at Clay City ? This track has a much longer shutdown than KilKare does.

David

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 01:55 PM
For those of you attending who won a trophy or plaque at the 2011 Shootout, please see me in KY. Because Connie gave me a bunch of name plates and power number deals to deliver.

David

Blown347
10-20-2011, 02:07 PM
That's great...are you planning to give the high boost pulley another go at Clay City ? This track has a much longer shutdown than KilKare does.

David

Im hoping that alot of my power was going out the valves. Hope I can pulley it down alot and make the same boost. After last years 9.90 pass the car just kept getting slower and slower. Hope this valve adjustments awnsers alot of the questions I had about the blower not making boost down low.

Yes I'll keep that pulley combo on as long as it's not making alot more boost now that the valves are adjusted.

I will need to run some straight C16 though.

Chris

BLOWN38
10-20-2011, 03:04 PM
Im hoping that alot of my power was going out the valves. Hope I can pulley it down alot and make the same boost. After last years 9.90 pass the car just kept getting slower and slower. Hope this valve adjustments awnsers alot of the questions I had about the blower not making boost down low.

Yes I'll keep that pulley combo on as long as it's not making alot more boost now that the valves are adjusted.

Chris

Glad it was simple and not major.

I had a valve hung open once after a cam install. I was scared at first when there was no compression in that cylinder. Got the rockers all shimmed up and it Idled alot better but didn't run any different on the track. But that was only one valve. I still miss the way it idled when it was messed up. Was like a big block with a huge cam, would sit there and rock the car nicley.:cool:

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 04:11 PM

Chris

Chris,

Do you have a hydraulic or solid roller cam ? I was running straight C16 at the Shootout and it ran a lot better than I expected. I'm actually going to pump a few gallons out of the turbo car for use in my 91 this weekend.

David

BLOWN38
10-20-2011, 04:13 PM
Chris,

Do you have a hydraulic or solid roller cam ? I was running straight C16 at the Shootout and it ran a lot better than I expected. I'm actually going to pump a few gallons out of the turbo car for use in my 91 this weekend.

David

What fuel did you use on the dyno?

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 04:31 PM
What fuel did you use on the dyno?

Shell 93 octane w/ methanol injection (75% methanol 25% water), using a few gallons of race gas along with about 12 gallons of 93 octane is just a precaution because we will be racing in much better air than we dynoed the car.

David

Blown347
10-20-2011, 04:32 PM
Chris,

David

Solid roller.......

Just got a price for C16 $75 for 5 gallon dang.

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 04:39 PM
Solid roller.......

Just got a price for C16 $75 for 5 gallon dang.

Yeah the stuff is pricey, I had to pay $82 for each 5 gal pail in STL. I needed to buy 20 gallons between the dyno tuning, dyno competition and racing it at the Shootout. Unfortunately the majority was just to keep the tank full enough, so that pump pickups didn't suck air under hard acceleration.

David

ScrapSC
10-20-2011, 06:48 PM
Here is a link to all the resturants in the Hamburg area. Take a look and let me know what most of you would like. I will give them a yell and see if they take reservations. If they dont then our best bet is to get there a around 6:30 or so to beat the evening crowd.

I know Kurt has sworn off Mexican but the Mexican restaurant there in Winchester has very cold brews and good groceries....

http://www.urbanspoon.com/ps/65/14064/Lexington/Movie-Theaters/Regal-Hamburg-Pavilion-16.html

David Neibert
10-20-2011, 07:05 PM
I vote for Buffalo Wild Wings.

David

Kurt K
10-20-2011, 07:50 PM
Here is a link to all the resturants in the Hamburg area. Take a look and let me know what most of you would like. I will give them a yell and see if they take reservations. If they dont then our best bet is to get there a around 6:30 or so to beat the evening crowd.

I know Kurt has sworn off Mexican but the Mexican restaurant there in Winchester has very cold brews and good groceries....

http://www.urbanspoon.com/ps/65/14064/Lexington/Movie-Theaters/Regal-Hamburg-Pavilion-16.html

I'm not the only one that had Mexican "issues" at the drag strip. Otherwise, I love Mexican food.

Buffalo Wild Wings may be packed since there is a World Series game and likely game specials.

ScrapSC
10-20-2011, 10:41 PM
B dubbs does sound good. I dont know if it would be that bad around here due to the World Series game. There is always Hooters also just up from Buffalo Wild Wings. Hell we can give it a shot and see if Buffalo Wild Wings will be able to handle all of us.

Quik95SC
10-21-2011, 10:11 AM
B dubbs does sound good. I dont know if it would be that bad around here due to the World Series game. There is always Hooters also just up from Buffalo Wild Wings. Hell we can give it a shot and see if Buffalo Wild Wings will be able to handle all of us.

Thanks for the link Anthony this helps a lot.

Buffalo Wild Wings might be able to handle our group, but you would have to get there way before 6:30. We might need to look at 5-5:30 to beat the crowd, especially before the World Series gets close to starting.

Was really looking for something different we don't have here, those options seemed ???

Ted's Montana Grill.........Mixed reviews
BD Mongolian Grill...........Mixed reviews, terrible service, Over priced?? We usually like this kind of place.
Chipotle Mexican sounds pretty good actually
Rafferty's or Logan's are fine as well, as long as they can handle a crowd this large.

Again, Earlier could be better because of crowds on a Saturday night.

Smitty

Quik95SC
10-21-2011, 10:18 AM
Hey what ever happened to the Copper River Grill?? Did I miss a post somewhere?
Nevermind, found the missing post
Smitty

ScrapSC
10-21-2011, 11:36 AM
Just talked to the manager at BW3's and he said we would be good if we got there around 6-6:30. They arent having anything going on that has to do with UK. Baseball game starts at 8 o'clock. If we decide to go to the logans steakhouse I need to give them a call early to get us on the waiting list. I am good with either one.

ScrapSC
10-21-2011, 11:39 AM
Thanks for the link Anthony this helps a lot.

Buffalo Wild Wings might be able to handle our group, but you would have to get there way before 6:30. We might need to look at 5-5:30 to beat the crowd, especially before the World Series gets close to starting.

Was really looking for something different we don't have here, those options seemed ???

Ted's Montana Grill.........Mixed reviews
BD Mongolian Grill...........Mixed reviews, terrible service, Over priced?? We usually like this kind of place.
Chipotle Mexican sounds pretty good actually
Rafferty's or Logan's are fine as well, as long as they can handle a crowd this large.

Again, Earlier could be better because of crowds on a Saturday night.

Smitty

Yeh TED's is out. We went there last year and had terrible service and the buffalo burgers werent that big of a deal. Mongolian Grill has had bad service when I have talked to several others about it. I am thinking Logans or BW3's would be a safe bet...

Kurt K
10-21-2011, 12:15 PM
BW3s sound good to me.

SCrazy
10-21-2011, 07:16 PM
We are big BWW fans so that is perfect by us!!

SCrazy
10-21-2011, 07:18 PM
Trailer parking at the hotel is a little tight but there are some big spaces right in front of the main entrance....I'll see if we can block some of those off for us in the morning.

BLOWN38
10-21-2011, 09:55 PM
Trailer parking at the hotel is a little tight but there are some big spaces right in front of the main entrance....I'll see if we can block some of those off for us in the morning.

Cool. I have the little trailer this time. So what we got about 4 trailers i think, not sure if Smitty has a trailer.

Mine is all cleaned up and loaded. Meth is full just need a slash of race gas.

Kurt K
10-21-2011, 11:58 PM
Cool. I have the little trailer this time. So what we got about 4 trailers i think, not sure if Smitty has a trailer.

Mine is all cleaned up and loaded. Meth is full just need a slash of race gas.
Smitty had his trailer last year. As for trailer parking, last year we parked in the back, side-by-side, back towards the dumpster.