Stupid Odometer...

SCchick3

As most of you know, I just finished my car and am trying to break it in...
Heres the fun part, as i'm trying to count down the 500 miles, my odometer stopped working!!!! Everything else works like my tach, and speedo most of the time but my engine temp doesn't work any more. Do you think its connected?

I got my odometer to come back on once and i got 25 more miles back out of it, now its stopped again. I'll be able to approximately keep track of them, but i'd like my odo and my trip odo to keep track of my miles per gallon along with the trip down to shootout :(

Any help would be appreciated...thanks!:D

Speedo gear

I also think it is the speedo gears. they break after time very easy. i do not think that the temp gauge and speedo are related at all.

Get ahold of "the-big-e" on here. He has/had speedo gears, for a MUCH better price then SCP. I got mine from him, and they worked great.

Alright, thanks guys...will that mess up the miles I already have on the car? I hear of ppl rolling back the miles but I don't wanna do that to my beast. I will get ahold of Ed, i've worked with him alot :)

Alright, thanks guys...will that mess up the miles I already have on the car? I hear of ppl rolling back the miles but I don't wanna do that to my beast. I will get ahold of Ed, i've worked with him alot :)

It shouldn't mess up the miles unless you turn them yourself.

For the temp gauge - did you use a new sender, or no?

If yes, then check all the wiring.

If no, replace the sender - all the factory installed ones were part of a "Oh, the guy who made them for us screwed up, so they're really funky!" note from Ford (I've posted the TSB here a few times.)

RwP

Nope havent replaced it yet, just been taking it easy and not driving for too long...

Agreed Ed, how much sent to 49505?

Back