PDA

View Full Version : parting out my race car

fasterthanyou
09-15-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm in a tough financial situation, my cat just had to go through 4 major urethra surgeries and has racked up a bill of $6100 over the past week. he's only 1.5yrs old and I couldn't put him down being that young. like anyone else taking a hit like that to the wallet unexpectedly really screws things up with everything else financially.

I'll be taking it out to the track tomorrow for its last hoorah, then its getting everything pulled and sending the shell off to the junk yard.

headers-ported 94/95 ($50 for both)

5% snout pulley, 5 or 10% jackshaft pulley? (jackshaft is custom). pulleys with matching belts (one belt brand new, one belt has about 80 miles on it- $100

custom M90 overdrive pulleys. 4" jackshaft pulley, 7.5" crank pulley, 2.90" snout pulley, with belts (sale pending)

7.5" rear IRS pumpkin. 4.10 ring/pinion. auburn trac-lock carrier. I know SC's have 8.8" IRS pumpkins, but maybe there are a few of you guys that need one for an LX body. ($200, probably less than 800 miles)

magnum powers 94/95 Inlet plenum dave dalke. he smoothed out the rough edges with the MP casting. 200 shipped.

professional products 75mm throttle body. ($60) bought during the group purchase. (sale pending)

80mm LMAF ($30)

moates quarterhorse, and moates jaybird (120 shipped for QH, 50 shipped for jaybird). jaybird used ONCE to attempt to read a diablo chip, didn't read the diablo chip so I had no other use for it since I had the QH.

MPIII inlet plenum. the MPIII case is destroyed, so I only have the plenum now. 40 + shipping, (sale pending)

master power s-70 turbo. about 1k miles on it. no wiggle in the shaft. .96 a/r t-4 turbine, .70 a/r compressor. $300. brand new TiAl 38mm red top wastegate with gaskets and extra flanges. $80.

Thanks!

kwk3.8
09-15-2011, 09:00 PM
What's the numbers for the cam and whatr u looking to get for them?

94v6kid09
09-15-2011, 09:01 PM
price on headers? pics please when you get a chance.

Sorry to here about your cat. We went through a similar situation with a puppy a few years back overnight stays at the vet run it up quick. I hope all is well.

thanks
James

CurtisPaulfrey
09-15-2011, 09:03 PM
How much for the shell? Are the electronics still in place?

Rob89SC
09-15-2011, 10:11 PM
How much 4 supercharger?
Rob89S.C.

TwoToneThunder
09-15-2011, 11:41 PM
intrested in the throttle body and if you have a cold air intake kit as well i want one of those too

BirdofPrey97
09-16-2011, 09:15 AM
Interested in the QH1. Shipping would be to 50021.

r1dd1ck913
09-16-2011, 09:21 AM
I sent a pm on the QH1 yesterday.

BirdofPrey97
09-16-2011, 09:41 AM
I sent a pm on the QH1 yesterday.

So it is sold?

neverfastenough
09-16-2011, 09:42 AM
Pic and price of header flanges, maybe the merge collectors also.

r1dd1ck913
09-16-2011, 09:51 AM
So it is sold?

Not yet I'm still waiting for a reply. I have just as experience where people look at the posting and sell their stuff and not look at their PM's. Sorry not trying to be an a** or anything.

BirdofPrey97
09-16-2011, 09:53 AM
Not yet I'm still waiting for a reply. I have just as experience where people look at the posting and sell their stuff and not look at their PM's. Sorry not trying to be an a** or anything.

Nope not at all. :) You have first dibs. I would just move on if it was sold.

fasterthanyou
09-16-2011, 03:01 PM
nothing has been sold or even taken out of the car yet.. Im making one last pass at the track tonight.. Im getting it on video to remember it by. I dont know about you guys but this car has been my life for the past 5 years and im really going to miss it. Btw, i havent replied to pms yet because i posted this late last night and have been at work today. I dont get off work til 7pm today and will be going straight to the track. Ill do my best to describe everything in great detail when i get a chance. Im on my cell at work right now and have to cut this short. Thank you all for your interest in my parts.

covshark
09-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Interested in roller rockers and sorry about your situation, the cat will bring you many happy years, i promise

Boostin89SC
09-18-2011, 12:38 AM
How much for the 7.5 rear end? I would love to install this into my '91 N/A V6 bird. I'm in Woodbridge, VA 22192.

MagpoweredSC
09-18-2011, 12:59 AM
Interested in short block. Any info would be appreciated

tbirdsc14
09-18-2011, 03:15 PM
I've been there with the need to get money out of my 97 supercharger V8 to pay bills. Sorry to hear about your problems. What year is the car and maybe some pics. It killed me to part mine out after 6 years of building, maybe you can find a buyer for the complete car with parts. Pics would help, also. Take care, Brian.

fasterthanyou
09-18-2011, 06:51 PM
bump, Edited first post with prices and cam specs.

nickleman60
09-18-2011, 06:56 PM
MPIII inlet plenum. the MPIII case is destroyed, so I only have the plenum now. ($40 plus shipping)

I'll take the MPIII inlet plenum. Shipping to 23452 Va. Beach, Va.

MagpoweredSC
09-18-2011, 08:19 PM
Ill take short block as long as it is in good shape. Oil pressure anf what pistons are in it. Did dave build it? Anymore info would b appreciated. Pics? Have money and super interested

TwoToneThunder
09-18-2011, 08:50 PM
as i posted earlier ill take the 75mm throttle body :D

Mach1BirdSC
09-18-2011, 11:00 PM
I PM for the plenum last week, Just an FYI

svtbird92
09-18-2011, 11:32 PM
very intrested in the short block without cam shipped to 45365

fasterthanyou
09-19-2011, 08:13 PM
ever since i posted the first post ive been super busy. I went to the track friday night, got home late went to bed. Had work saturday from 7a-7p, was worn out and went to sleep shortly after getting home. Had to work 8-6pm sunday and had to work 7-7 today. Im out to dinner right now. Ill at least upload the video of the quarterhorse when i get home. Im sorry for not being able to get back to everybody quicker but like i said ive been working or sleeping. I still have yet to run at the track. I went friday and ended up not making a single pass. Got a refund and will be going this wednesday. I wont take any money until the parts are off the car. I will borrow my girlfriends camera and take pics and videos and upload them tomorrow. My day off is tomorrow and ill have plenty of time to get pics, reply to everyone, and we will go from there. Give me some slack people! Geez! Lol.

fasterthanyou
09-19-2011, 09:07 PM
uploading video to youtube as i type this. In about 9 mins ill post up the link.

1QUICKDAD
09-20-2011, 01:38 AM
looking forward to seeing it!Im interested in the 7.5 crank pulley whenever u can,i work alot too so I here ya!:cool:

BirdofPrey97
09-20-2011, 08:48 AM
uploading video to youtube as i type this. In about 9 mins ill post up the link.

No offense, but when you give your word on the board and it's several hours later and nothing is posted let alone the link suggested it has an effect on your online character.

bigpoppa822
09-20-2011, 10:35 AM
I'll take the injectors when the time comes, still building my motor so no rush.

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 02:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQ9RRfBwX9A

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 02:15 PM
I take things pretty offensively when someone questions my character. Just like work, I'm a mechanic and I take pride in the work that I do, if someone calls me a fraud or a theif I get pretty upset. On the flip side, I can understand why someone WOULD judge my internet character since I have taken longer than I said I would with more information/pics/videos etc. once again, I apologize for not being on time with my responses. I did upload the video of the quarterhorse to youtube, I didn't post the link on here til just now. I will go out at 6pm tonight and get some videos of the car on the streets, I'll do some WOT, cruising, idling etc.. Maybe I'll get lucky and find someone that wants to make a run and show how my car compares. I'm still going to the track this wednesday to get some official 1/4 mile times and i'll get that on video.

neverfastenough
09-20-2011, 02:27 PM
How bout those header flanges, price on those.

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 02:38 PM
as far as the motor. it was kind of a budget build. it is a 93 SC block, 93 SC crank. 5.915 CAT h-beam rods. Off the shelf Wiseco supercoupe pistons. .020 overbore. ARP rod bolts. ARP main studs. the arp main studs are listed as ford pinto head studs. I got the part numbers from dave d/dave n on this site. The whole assembly was balanced. the wiseco piston rings have been gapped to supercharged specs. there are turbo specs, nitrous specs, n/a specs, and supercharged specs. I guess is has to do with the gap of the ring and how the rings seal with different forms of stress. all of the machine work was done by MOSLER/total engine concepts. they are a very high end machine shop, they deal mostly with very high horsepower motors. The machinists name is BRUCE, he has a 2001 v6 mustang, he took great care with my motor as he was very interested in it since he also has a v6. he hasn't built his motor yet and he was telling me that my v6 was the first one he's ever built and was excited to see how it turned out and how much power it made. he wasn't expecting much power with the m90, and he was right. with a turbo he says there's no reason my motor shouldn't handle 600hp. the rods are the weak point he says. since I used CAT rods, instead of a stronger eagle/scat/carillo rod. he definitely thinks my motor will hold up under a lot of stress. My motor has 80psi of oil pressure when cold at idle. closer to 100psi at 2krpm when cold. when warm my motor has 40 psi at idle, 70psi at 2krpm. These readings are from my autometer sportcomp mechanical oil pressure gauge. The rods were about 300 new, pistons were 500 new, crank and block came out of my 93 SC that I sent to the junkyard. the oil pump is a NEW 93SC oil pump. motorcraft brand. all the bearings are clevite bearings. timing gears and chain are just the standard cleyes or cloyes set. I don't remember the brand, it was something like cloyes?

the cam like I listed in the first post is a custom dave dalke cam. the cam is was made from a new core from comp cams. that was about $375. the lifters are new ford motorcraft roller lifters those were a little more than 200 new. the lifter holders are the metal dogbone holders with the tin plate keeping them in place. supposedly the metal dogbone style are better than the plastic style. Oh I almost forgot to mention. My motor does not have the stud girdle or windage tray. From what I've read on here, a stud girlde doesn't do much. as long as you have arp main studs you won't have to worry about main cap movement. I think thats about all there is to know. lemme know if I left anything out!

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 02:40 PM
How bout those header flanges, price on those.

I believe dave D already has those spoken for. but I got them from vmp tuning for 150

Mike8675309
09-20-2011, 03:26 PM
since I used CAT rods, instead of a stronger eagle/scat/carillo rod.

When it comes to H-Beam Rods CAT == Eagle == Scat. They all use parts made in china, and do finish work in the states. Carillo rods are a whole nother class.

good luck with your sale.

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 06:01 PM
When it comes to H-Beam Rods CAT == Eagle == Scat. They all use parts made in china, and do finish work in the states. Carillo rods are a whole nother class.

good luck with your sale.
didn't know that. thanks for the info. I'm going out for a 'test drive' right now. i'll upload to youtube and post links later!

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 06:28 PM
uploading 3 more videos as I type this. by the way I just stumbled across a photo album of my engine build. http://s1006.photobucket.com/albums/af190/infestednutsack/?start=all

fasterthanyou
09-20-2011, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/user/addictedtorehab?ob=5#p/a/u/1/0k2oENWsh4c

I'm trying to upload the 3rd and last video but its not letting me right now. I do a lot of idling in these videos, Its just a lot of stop signs and stop lights.

edit: publishing last video now.

tyrsmkkyle
09-20-2011, 11:04 PM
how 100 shipped to 63146 for the overdrive pulleys with belt? how much overdrive over stock is this? aaaand how much time is on the wideband. mayb package deal on pulley kit wideband and throttlebody?

MagpoweredSC
09-20-2011, 11:21 PM
my e-mail is map391@hotmail.com, i would like to discuss how to pick the engine up or shipping. I'll buy it as long as you dont blow it up at the track.:D
Im in PA but willing to drive.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

scskydivin
09-20-2011, 11:46 PM
Wow! That thing's a screamer!!! Where are pics of the whole car?

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 10:46 AM
how 100 shipped to 63146 for the overdrive pulleys with belt? how much overdrive over stock is this? aaaand how much time is on the wideband. mayb package deal on pulley kit wideband and throttlebody?

the pulleys are iffy. The crank and jackshaft pulleys were made by mannysc a long time ago. the crank pulley has a lot of lateral runout. I've been running these pulleys for a few months but I don't want to sell 'junk' on here. so the crank pulley is going in the trash. the jackshaft pulley is great. its not warped or anything. the snout pulley is staying with the blower. so whoever buys the m90 will get the MP plenum ported 94 case, 93 rotors, solid coupler in the snout, 5% pulley and matching belt (new belt).

that just leaves the jackshaft pulley and if anyone wants that by itself I guess i'll ask 20 shipped. its a stock jackshaft pulley that has been machined down on the 'smaller' pulley. I think its a 5 or 10% jackshaft pulley? who has the stock JS pulley sizes because I don't know what the stock sizes are.

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 10:48 AM
Wow! That thing's a screamer!!! Where are pics of the whole car?

Thanks, It seems quicker in person than it does on video. I watched those and was like, wow my car moves like a slug. lol. I guess its all the noise when you're driving that makes it feel faster. you'll get to see the whole car later when I get it on video at the track tonight. its not exactly what everyone is expecting it to be..

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 11:03 AM
my e-mail is map391@hotmail.com, i would like to discuss how to pick the engine up or shipping. I'll buy it as long as you dont blow it up at the track.:D
Im in PA but willing to drive.

Thanks in advance,
Mark

Florida is a long drive from PA! I sent a PM. Maybe we can work something out.

seawalkersee
09-21-2011, 11:34 AM
How is the MP case damaged?

Can you post pix?

SWS

Silver R
09-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Is custom dave dalke cam still for sale? Very interested... Please let me know. Thanks :)

tyrsmkkyle
09-21-2011, 02:00 PM
k so it a 5 or 10 percent overdrive now? ill take it in that case.. what about the throttlebody and wideband? I have paypal if that works. i can paypal you the money asap. thanks
kyle.

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 02:05 PM
everything is still for sale except for the MPiii plenum. I was made an offer I couldn't refuse.

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 02:07 PM
k so it a 5 or 10 percent overdrive now? ill take it in that case.. what about the throttlebody and wideband? I have paypal if that works. i can paypal you the money asap. thanks
kyle.

Its either 5 or 10. I don't have the stock pulley size to base the % off of. I tried searching but didn't find any info on the stock jackshaft pulley size. the throttle body is off the car ready to ship. just gotta get pictures of everything.

r1dd1ck913
09-21-2011, 02:10 PM
You going to make it to the track today?

Silver R
09-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Need some more info on the Scorpion 1.73 pedestal mount roller rockers and the custom dave dalke cam. Please PM me. Thanks

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 03:20 PM
the scorpion rr are blue ish purple. Lol. Other than that theres not much else. Theyre 1.73 351c and are a direct bolt on. They are the stock ratio but in roller form. The cam specs are listed in first post.

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 03:23 PM
You going to make it to the track today?

yep, going as soon as i get out of the doctors. Im here getting an ekg and other tests done. due to arrhythmias. Hereditary heart problems suck.

r1dd1ck913
09-21-2011, 03:33 PM
Boy that does suck.

fasterthanyou
09-21-2011, 04:16 PM
Yep, now I'm hooked up to this fancy haltek monitor thing for the next 24 hours. lol, the doctors are gonna flip when they see my heart readings from 8-10pm tonight from being at the track.. anyways other than that. The pulleys and throttle body are sold to kyle, the MPIII plenum is sold to nickelman60. Sorry to everyone interested in the MPIII plenum but he made me an offer I couldn't refuse.

r1dd1ck913
09-21-2011, 05:51 PM
Let me know when you want payment for the qh1 and injectors.

qc89SC
09-21-2011, 06:07 PM
if he dont take it i want the quaterhorse and aem wideband i have paypal and cash in hand

Crock
09-21-2011, 06:12 PM
Let me know when you want payment for the qh1 and injectors.

Not sure if you have talk to him,but he had told me I was the first to inquire on the QH and had first dibs on it and the jaybird.

r1dd1ck913
09-21-2011, 06:17 PM
Well I ready put the money in my paypal account. But if by chance I don't get it there is already other people infrount of you asking for the qh1.

Crock
09-21-2011, 06:22 PM
Well I ready put the money in my paypal account. But if by chance I don't get it there is already other people infrount of you asking for the qh1.

I can only go by what he has told me....it's up to him I guess. How could you possibly know others are in front of me?

r1dd1ck913
09-21-2011, 06:33 PM
I'm not sure when you asked him about the qh1. I sent him a pm only a few minutes after his original post. So as far as I know I was the first.

94v6kid09
09-21-2011, 06:36 PM
Highest post count at 12am wins haha and GO!!!!

jk

fasterthanyou can I get pics of the exhaust manifold porting to
james-burris@hotmail.com

thanks

Crock
09-21-2011, 06:50 PM
I am sure he does not want us hashing it out in his for sale post....you can pm me if you want.

fasterthanyou
09-22-2011, 06:30 PM
5 pages ~~~?! lol. I haven't clicked back to read through it yet. By the way, I blew the m90 sky high last night. The last pass of the night I was reving the engine out to 6krpm in each gear. at the top of 3rd gear at about 100mph the supercharger couldn't take it anymore and grenaded. I was figuring the motor spun a bearing or something but I pulled the belt off and the motor was quiet as could be. I managed to drive it home with no supercharger but I was literally flooring it and could barely get up to 70mph lol. this thing has no balls without boost.

I've decided that I'm keeping the motor/heads/cam/tranny. but I'm changing bodies that its going into and changing power adders. since the m90 grenaded i'll be installing all my turbo stuff and make some big power. If I could get 12's with a relatively stock setup, I'm sure 11's are very doable with a big enough turbo. might not be the best from a dig, but we'll see how that works out in the future. I thought about how I would regret selling my motor/trans, and even though its going to be tough, i'll cut some things out of my budget in order to pay off the cats hospital bill.

I have renewed my first post AGAIN. its a lot shorter than it originally was. but so far the quarterhorse and jaybird are sold. the MPiii is sold to nickelman60 when I hear back from him.

sics6
09-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Well thanks for getting our hopes up high for nothing:mad: hahaha the supercoupe love bug is quite addicting:D enjoy your new build.

TwoToneThunder
09-25-2011, 09:04 PM
is the sale pending on the throttle body with me? ive posted twice on this thread and have not got any response?

tyrsmkkyle
09-26-2011, 12:02 PM
sale pending on the throttle body and pulleys is with me.I think I seen another for sale either here or on tccoa.

tyrsmkkyle
10-05-2011, 01:39 PM
Are you still selling this stuff? Thank you for the pm.. much appreciated.

94v6kid09
10-09-2011, 11:22 AM
james-burris@hotmail.com

if I could get pics of the headers please

90coug
10-17-2011, 01:12 PM
Hi, I'm looking for a wire harness, 94 -95 it's the one going from the crank sensor to the coil and cam sensor.

I'm also looking for the two hoses that run on the sides of the valve covers back to the heater core. The one on the pass side of the motor needs to have the sensor for auto climate control.

If you have any of these items please PM a price shipped to 80013.

Thanks,

-B

nliberto@powder
10-22-2011, 04:45 PM
Do you still have the blower pulleys? Make package price for the jack shaft & snout pulleys and belts (5%, 10%, whatever)!

Thanks.

tyrsmkkyle
10-23-2011, 07:29 PM
Do you still have the blower pulleys? Make package price for the jack shaft & snout pulleys and belts (5%, 10%, whatever)!

Thanks.

ive had a deal pending with him for some time now.. i have been unable to get in contact with him lately... good luck.