Spliced into FPR vacuum line to feed boost/vac gauge, bad idea?

DMX

Originally had the boost gauge line hooked up to the other side of that tee by the crossover tube, I got a smaller pulley in on saturday, hooked it all up and it still showed vacuum.

Old setup:
project-boost-gauge-line2.jpg

I unhooked that, sealed up that port I was using...

My vacuum port is damaged, and therefore sealed, so I spliced into the fpr line....

All Pics: http://ruffryde.rapperdmx.com/images.php?s=tee
project-boost-gauge-tee4.jpg

Any forseeable problems with this? Any chance of the FPR not getting enough boost/vac signal to operate properly or any chance of my boost readings being off because the line is shared?

thanks,
DMX

I'd be a little concerned with adding additional volume of line to the v/b line to the FPR. The FPR might be less responsive with the extra plumbing. My preference for the v/b line would be for a short, rigid, small volume line - like the stock one.

If it were me and I lost the boost gauge port, I'd block the 3/8 crossover and connect the gauge line there, similar to what you did in the first pic. The connection in the first pic would not give meaningful gauge readings since it's bleeding boost into the vacuum side at that port. The gauge there might be most accurate under vacuum, but under boost would indicate lower than you really have.

Boost guage

I agree that it would be better to keep the two sources seperate.
What do you have this engine in? A boat? Or are the pictures of an engine out of the car.

Back