My wide band O2 bung location and heat shield

Kurt K

SCCoA Member
I was under the car today changing my oil and thought I'd snap a picture of my wide band O2 bung location, as well as the simple heat shield that I made that fixed my overheating sensor.

Attachments

• O2_bung_Passenger-side.JPG
    O2_bung_Passenger-side.JPG
    136.9 KB · Views: 2,278
  • O2_bung_Driver-side.JPG
    O2_bung_Driver-side.JPG
    130.5 KB · Views: 879
I set mine up kind of the same way.. Used Copper as the heat sheild. I will be setting up one for Sals car this week as well.....

I lucked up and found a place in Lexington that sells about any size and type of metal. Got it for a real good deal!

Kurt,

Looks pretty good. Are you still able to get an open end wrench on the sensor without turning the heatsink ?

David
Actually, I had to clock the heatsink so that it would rotate into place as I tightened the sensor. But yeah, an open end wrench works fine.

Kurt,

I need to make one of those for my 91. I've noticed the sensor has quit working a few times and I'm assuming it because of overheating. Mine stops reading on the gauge and sticks at something like 9.2 and the little red LED flashes for about 20 or 30 seconds like when you first start the car, then it stops flashing and gauge starts reading normal again. Is that what yours did when it overheated ?

David

Kurt,

I need to make one of those for my 91. I've noticed the sensor has quit working a few times and I'm assuming it because of overheating. Mine stops reading on the gauge and sticks at something like 9.2 and the little red LED flashes for about 20 or 30 seconds like when you first start the car, then it stops flashing and gauge starts reading normal again. Is that what yours did when it overheated ?

David
Sounds about right....caused me to recalibrate the sensor several times before it was suggested that my sensor was overheating.

you cam go to the help section of your nearest auto parts and get a spark plug anti fouler, no need to fabricate anything, simply screw it on the o2 then screw it in the bung

Back