PDA

View Full Version : Big thanks to Melon and Ken!

gogo5.0
09-18-2011, 02:53 AM
Just to reinforce how cool the midwest members are, Andy and his dad borrowed Ken's trailer on Tuesday, retreived my injured car (from July 4 weekend), and delivered it to me in Omaha without my knowledge! It was a trip from Blair NE to Belleville KS and back (with a stop at Ken's shop). I arrived home from work at 3 am to find it under my carport! We have some awesome members and this is one of the reasons why. Never take for granted the generosity of friends! Huge thanks, guys, for the surprise!

benny

TSC89
09-18-2011, 04:59 PM
Props to Ken, Melon and his dad.

Way to go guys!

kenewagner
09-18-2011, 07:59 PM
Just to reinforce how cool the midwest members are, Andy and his dad borrowed Ken's trailer on Tuesday, retreived my injured car (from July 4 weekend), and delivered it to me in Omaha without my knowledge! It was a trip from Blair NE to Belleville KS and back (with a stop at Ken's shop). I arrived home from work at 3 am to find it under my carport! We have some awesome members and this is one of the reasons why. Never take for granted the generosity of friends! Huge thanks, guys, for the surprise!

benny

Always like jumping in to help the good guy. What do we have to do to get it backe to tip top shape;)

Ken

gogo5.0
09-19-2011, 01:57 AM
Drove it tonight and had high hopes, but on the second drive, it started backfiring out the exhaust and died. Acts like the timing is off when I try to start it and also acts like it has a dead battery. When I got it running, I couldn't get it over 1000 rpm without it backfiring. Tried to start it when I got home and wouldn't go, also batt voltage dropped to 11 volts. Getting bummed out!

benny

BirdofPrey97
09-19-2011, 10:05 AM
If you all need some Ford Tech help with it let me know. Have a great friend that works at the Ford Dealer there in Council Bluffs. Andy knows him.

gogo5.0
09-20-2011, 04:18 AM
If you all need some Ford Tech help with it let me know. Have a great friend that works at the Ford Dealer there in Council Bluffs. Andy knows him.

Thanks for the offer! Hopefully I will know a little more this weekend.

benny