4" intake with OEM Ford slot maf upgrade, done..

rzimmerl

Got around to getting my 4" intake, filter, and slot maf installed today. Thanks to David D. for welding the tube up and supplying all the needed parts for the install. Still have to wire up the maf and work on the tune. Getting this to fit under a stock early hood took a little guts to cut the hood support without hiting the hood skin. With a cut off wheel and steady hand, it was much easier then I thought. Hood closes just fine and the tube has about a 1/4" of clearance to the shock tower.

Attachments

• DSC05380.jpg
    DSC05380.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 331
  • DSC05381.jpg
    DSC05381.jpg
    161.7 KB · Views: 369
  • DSC05382.jpg
    DSC05382.jpg
    200.4 KB · Views: 325
  • DSC05377.jpg
    DSC05377.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 302
  • DSC05378.jpg
    DSC05378.jpg
    179 KB · Views: 294
Last edited:
Bet you never thought you'd see an 85mm TB look small, did you? lol

Compare that tube to your MP tube, but I think that if you shorten it up a little more on the TB end it will fit better. Looks like you may have an inch or so more you can play with there. On David's we cut it quite a bit shorter but I think his filter end was longer so we had more to play with.

Anyway, it will be nice to see the 95TB on there to go with it. :D

This 4" tube is no joke, it will almost slide over the outside of the 85mm tb casting, and the 3.5" intake tube looks so wimpy laying next to it. I cut about 1.25" off of the TB end already, and the filter is pretty close to the IRCM. I'll chop a little more off.

Whewee! That's a big boy! :D:cool:

Thats what she said.

oh and ryan, pleaseee
Mothers-Mag-and-Aluminum-Polish.jpg

Here is a comparison shot of the MP 3.5" vs. the big tube. The ID of the tube is 95m, its 3mm wall tubing. Took another 3/4" out of the TB side and it fits up much better now.

Attachments

• DSC05383.jpg
    DSC05383.jpg
    136.4 KB · Views: 111
Here is a comparison shot of the MP 3.5" vs. the big tube. The ID of the tube is 95m, its 3mm wall tubing. Took another 3/4" out of the TB side and it fits up much better now.

So what do you realistic project this to improve your numbers?

Ken

Who knows.....??? Should be different then current numbers since the last dyno the knock sensor was on so it was only getting 18 deg. of timing instead of 26. I really wanted to get the slot maf in since this weekend will be an opportune time to get it dialed in.

Who knows.....??? Should be different then current numbers since the last dyno the knock sensor was on so it was only getting 18 deg. of timing instead of 26. I really wanted to get the slot maf in since this weekend will be an opportune time to get it dialed in.

Looks good and humongous compared to the MP unit.........:eek:

You'd better gain some hp from it to have a chance against my nitrous powered MPx in the dyno competion............:D

Back