Engine does not start/run intermittently

gmp93

I have a 93 SC that stalled at a stop light, acted like it was flooded. Took awhile but I finally got it started, ran fine for a couple of days. Then it would not start. Let it sit overnight and the next day it started and ran fine. Had a mechanic look at it, replaced the engine module, still has the same problem. He does not have an engine tester for a SC. Any suggestions?
Gary

Additional info

A couple of additions to add. A couple of day before it first stalled, I did have a check engine light come on and the tach quit working. I turned the car off, started it, and the check engine light went off and the tach worked. That was the only time that the check engine light went on.

When it would not start and I left it overnight, when I tried it the next day the engine would not turn over without a jump. I was surprised as the battery appeared to still be strong when I gave up on it the previous night. When I jumped it, it hesitated turning over, then turned over easy and starated right away as if nothing was wrong.
Gary

Check the battery grounds. All of them. For specific locations do a search on the forum. Motor mounts and inside frame of engine compartment is where most are located.

Sounds like the DIS took a dump as well. Get some Radio Shack Heat Sink compound and put under the new DIS just using a thin layer.

Back