Suspension cluster fk

sc91gt

bentarc.jpg
[/IMG]Well I started my story and was only halfway through at 1 pg so I am trying the abridged version. All new suspension tokico II control arms bushings springs, everything. Needless to say Tire Kingdom fkd just about everything up. Lower control arm bolt at the frame came loose on my way to FL shortly after. Forgot to put upper control arm nut ect.... Started getting movement and clunking from same side. Brought the car to Geralds to get it fixed and turns out tire kingdom installed the strut rod bushings at frame backwards. tapered side out. Strut rod could be rotated 360* and bushings were toasted both ends, NEW BUSHINGS! But my ARC worked but felt off like not all corners were hitting right in FIRM. So geralds replaced the strut rod bushings and I also had them do the rear inner control arm bushings. Picked my car car up from geralds and it rode fine, but slight clunk from right side now and I noticed the ARC would not work. Next day the strut rod at control arm fell off while driving. front wheel into the fender. ~~~! Towed it to their front door and left it. They had no idea. Claimed it was torque and asked if I did anything to it! Got it back, again, driving with the stereo off afraid something is going to fall off. Today when changing the SC fluid I pulled the driver side ARC cover off the solenoid was popped off and the mounting bracket was twisted and bent. checked passenger side and it was just off the bracket. So what would cause this? Do the struts have to be loosened to work on the lower control arms? My arc work after tire kingdom dicked my car over and not after geralds. So I guess what I need to know is would this cause the arc not to work or light up at all when the button is pushed. And trying to figure out if it was done when Geralds dicked my car over? Sorry for the long post but there is much more that I left out. Oh, and I need a good ARC mount for the front???

Last edited:
Ok. thanks. I will check the fuses then power at the switch. What else could cause this? ARC control/comp? And how could the ARC bracket get bent? Doing the strut rod bushings? Probably when Tire Kingdom did the Struts?

Last edited:
You might need to loosen the shocks while doing the strut rod bushings, but that would require loosening the 3 nuts around the shock, not the nut on top. So there would be no reason to remove the ARC brackets. (Of course, the worker may not have known that.)

However, while swapping the shocks, you certainly would need to remove the brackets.

Sounds like Tire kingdom is the most likely culprit.

Tire Kingdom

I gave up on Tire Kingdom years ago when they put the right side wheels on the left side and left side wheels on the right side of the '93 LX I owned at the time. It took a lot of explaining and pointing out that LH & RH are stamped on the inside of the wheels before they would make the correction.

eddie
'90 5-speed SC
'97 LX sport

Tire Kingdom Sucks!

Tire kingdome forgot upper control arm nut, didn't tighten anything properly, mis installed strut rod bushings, didn't put washer resevoir screws back in, put my rear wheels with directional tires on the wron sides, and to top it off put the leg of their four post lift on the body support that comes off the front subframe instead of the subframe on the passenger side. Caved in the support crushed the inner fender plastic and distorted the fender so my grnd fx were popped out! They claim that is a factory lift point even though I showed them in the manual that it wasn't and deny any responsibility. Common sense should tell you that! So litigation is pending.

Back