Where to buy "Anti-lock Pressure Switch"?

cougarxr7

I've search and cannot find a place to buy that switch.
I'm sure it's user error here, but I've had no luck!
Anyone??
Thanks!

I've search and cannot find a place to buy that switch.
I'm sure it's user error here, but I've had no luck!
Anyone??
Thanks!

You mean the one on the proportioning valve below the ABS system?

Part number is posted at http://forums.tccoa.com/showpost.php?p=754695&postcount=2 - but it's an older post, current price is more like $100.

Or, at RockAuto, by crossing to that number, I find http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/raframecatalog.php?tab=search&partnum=F0SZ 3N824 A .

RwP

Thanks guys!
Mazza is correct about which switch I need.
That switch threads into the bottom of the brakes master cylinder.
Here is a pic of it.
Again thanks guys!

Attachments

• Picture 6.jpg
    Picture 6.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 228
Glad to help! (I am also going through this with my car right now.) I should warn you that it is taking RockAuto a while to get this switch shipped. It has been 6 days, and I don't have a tracking number yet. Unfortunately, every other vendor I checked, including GM dealerships, can't guarantee a shipping time either. :rolleyes:

Glad to help! (I am also going through this with my car right now.) I should warn you that it is taking RockAuto a while to get this switch shipped. It has been 6 days, and I don't have a tracking number yet. Unfortunately, every other vendor I checked, including GM dealerships, can't guarantee a shipping time either. :rolleyes:
It took about a week for mine to arrive from Rock auto. They're available on amazon also.

Is there anyway to test that switch off of the master cylinder??
Not really. Mine had proper continuity per the manual but would not trigger the relay / motor. In order to properly test you also need to test at high pressure, which requires some elaborate test rig.

Did anyone mention the fact that there's also a GM part number for the same switch? The price is usually lower.

He posted in the other thread that he ordered it.

(I've got to stop responding to this thread; I'm starting to feel like his secretary! ;))

Back