Oil Problem! please help

BillEmme

I'm a new SC owner. I've owned this car for about three months and I've kept up on on the fluids and check ups. The car is all stock other then the Intake i just put in it. The oil was super dirty so i ended up changing it early and put a high mileage oil filter in it even though there is less than 60,000 miles. now (a week later) my change oil now light is on and the oil seems to be a little dirty and is leaking onto the ground in my drive way. I can take pictures if needed. Can any please help me asap? Thank you

oil cooler plate between the oil pump and the filter loose. loose valve cover bolts. loose oil pan drain plug. cracked oil pan. any number of items.
And of course... rear main seal. Its a pain to replace (have to unbolt the transmission). If you use the teflon type seal, it usually won't leak again.

And of course... rear main seal. Its a pain to replace (have to unbolt the transmission). If you use the teflon type seal, it usually won't leak again.

Might also need to sleeve the crankshaft before installing the new seal. The seals, over time, will actually wear a small grrove into the crankshaft and will not allow your new seals to seal either.

Well if the leak started immediatly after the oil change, then its most likely the oil filter or the crush washer on the drain plug is gone or past its usefullness. When you removed the old fitler did you make sure that you got the gasket off the moror, alot of times they like to stick to the engine and come off the fitler, they will stay there and when you screw the new filter on it has two gaskets now and it will leak when ever the motor is running.

Also check drain plug for leaking, they used a rubber coated bolt on some and others had a acutall crush washer that needed to be changed everytime oil was changed.

Get some pics of the leak.

Resetting the vmm is easy do a search

I think if you did a search for threads with the words "oil leak" in them you would be reading for a while. That is a topic that has been ridden many times. There is a jack-load of information here if you just search for it.

Back