Aftermarket head unit/eq/amp question

Drummer

Since I have decided to get nasty with the sound system in this car I figured I would get someone to answer this question. Here is my dilemma.

1) Blaupunkt Hamburg MP68 head unit. This unit has 4 channel out, AKA, Left Front Right Front, Left Rear and Right Rear outputs (RCA) Plus a Sub Out RCA Jack.

2) DB 7 Band Parametric EQ. This EQ has a 2 channel (Left and Right) input Main and a 2 channel input Left and Right Aux. Also has the same outputs as the head unit that would, in my case run to the amps.

Here's is the issue. After the EQ I think I will run 1 4 channel amp for the fronts and the rear speakers and run a separate amp for the Sub. Now as far as going from the head to the EQ what needs to be hooked up where? I have basically 5 Outputs on the head unit and 1 input on the EQ.(MAIN). Where do the other channels go? There is not a 4 channel input in the EQ nor is there a "SUB IN" on the EQ......... My head is bleeding.

Ok if i read this properly, which i probably didnt, I believe you would hook the HU up to the EQ with the RCA left and right. then from the EQ you would run a single left/right RCA from the EQ to the amp for signal then run the powered speaker wires to each individual speaker.

Ok if i read this properly, which i probably didnt, I believe you would hook the HU up to the EQ with the RCA left and right. then from the EQ you would run a single left/right RCA from the EQ to the amp for signal then run the powered speaker wires to each individual speaker.
You read it wrong. Over simplified it. 4 channel out plus sub from HU. 2 channel into eq, 4 channel out from eq plus sub. Now, if I just left the EQ out then no problem. The amp has as many inputs as the Head Unit has outputs but that aint an option.

Well wouldn't your only option be run the ledge and right RCAs to the eq then to the amp considering there is only 2 inputs on the eq?

couple options
run the fronts to the EQ the rest get unused or dont use the EQ and run it that way most newer headunits put out decent sound where a EQ isnt needed cause of built in EQ's as long as your not a stickler on sound quality and just want to jam it should be fine or run the fronts to the EQ the rears to the amp and dont use the sub use the one off the EQ turn down the rears its only fill and might be a little flat hope that makes sense it did in my head :D

Back