What chip to get?

I'm out of the loop nowadays, but I keep reading Moates Quarterhorse this and that everywhere on these forums now. So that's probably the one you want.

I would recommend a Quarterhorse and have Dave Dalke set it up with a base tune before you head for the dyno. Then that questions has you friend used quarterhorse or whats his preferred tuning software?

Most dyno tune guys already use SCT so that is what they probably want to use on your car as well. The problem with SCT is that it won't datalog the car so you (he) will be tuning blindfolded. But most tuners are stubborn. ;)

Talk to your tuner and if he's not stubborn and agrees to tune with BE, then you can go ahead and purchase it and the software licenses to run it. Despite it's problems, the QH is by far the best tuning device available for an SC.

what about the moates chip im reading about?It sounds pretty good for the $$ how do I get it and get a tune on it?

what about the moates chip im reading about?It sounds pretty good for the $$ how do I get it and get a tune on it?

*scratches head*

You ARE aware that the Quarterhouse is a Moates chip, right?

To rephrase your question:

You were told "Run a SuperCoupe."

You asked, "What about this Ford I keep reading about?"

RwP

oh didnt know that?just found out theirs one one on ebay and the guy is about 11 miles from me that dyno tunes with the moates chip!!

Moates is a company and a guy. They make devices for tuning a variety of cars. One of the devices they make is named the Quarterhorse. This is a device (aka Chip) which allows you to tune an EEC-IV computer as well as data log the information the computer is using to make decisions.

To leverage the features of the Quarterhorse device, you will need to purchase software (Binary Editor) and a strategy (specific to your EEC-IV). You will want to use a wideband on the dyno or purchase a wide band for yourself if you want to tune yourself.

Back