What boost are you running?

My 90 SC gets about 15lbs of boost. Have you thought about propane injection? Either that or start saving money for the head gasket fairy.

How long have you been running it at that boost level?

Bob

well I been running that since my modded blower was installed..before that 15....Car runs cool as can be...I really need to fix that..more boost= slowe et haha

Pegged...

Stock every thing and some very tired cats!!! It will peg the stock guage anytime over 3600 RPM ...even sooner on cool mornings. Thats too much for my tastes...WHEN (not if) I fail smog the exhaust is getting tossed.

Anthony

I bought the car at about 12-13 psi

took out the air silencer- 14ish psi

bored out the MAF- 15-16 @ 4500

exhaust- 15-16 @ 5000

I was getting around 11 stock..then i did the exhaust and it went to barely 10...then i did a CAI and it was back to a solid 10. Then i did no cats and a 5% pulley and at the track i looked down and the guage was pegged....so i'm getting 15psi. Time for a new guage. I plan on getting a raised top and i heard that it adds a few psi. That true? Should i be worrying about too much boost to hurt my performance?

I pulled 310rwhp with only 13psi. I very highly doubt that much more boost would be benificial for anything other than smoking the tires. I have an 89 pulley on an S-model blower.

When I had my SC, I was hitting 16psi with a few mods and the 10% pulley. After I got my 1.25" raised top, It dropped down to 14 to 15psi

With my current setup I have a max boost of 14 psi which has been good for a 13.6 so far. Cam goes in it this Dec but I don't know what it'll do to the boost. I'll do before and after dyno pulls for comparison.

What's the best way to get boost of of a SC? Would it be good or bad to chop off the mufflers and possibly the cats. What makes your boost drop?

When you open the system up and let it breath better it tends to drop the boost but that isn't necessarily bad. Sometimes high boost is actually cavitation. The sc is just spinning and making pressure but it backs up instead of flowing thru the engine. Lower boost pressure that is useful is better than higher boost that isn't going anywhere except maybe out your blown head gaskets. My engine is opened up and can use 14 psi of boost but a stock or mildly moded engine might be better off with only 8. It seems like the GTP's only run 8 psi, also.

Back