thanks mannysc, wheel hop solved for free dollars and free cents

james5275

I need to dig up the link again. Since installing the cobra rs on my 90 auto wheel hop has been a huge problem. I planned on replacing all bushings in the rear. Just happened to come across mannys thread and gave it a try. Problem solved, thanks Manny! I used a pair of 1 1/4 plumbing threaded bulkhead fittings, had them laying in the garage. Pic soon to come.

JJ

third link is the one

Thanks for your help. Cheap, simple, functional mod that anybody can handle. Toughest part is getting the bolts loose without breaking them.

I have this problem (removing the bolts) and can't seem to get past it. I was going to just weld small blocks of steel inbetween the front IRS mount and the frame of the car.

I ended up grinding off the bolt on one side but the IRS still won't drop, can't get to the bolt to remove it so it can be replaced. I'd like to do this right and even have rust free brackets, bolts, etc... just can't the OE stuff apart.

Would someone who has gone through getting stubborn, rusted tight IRS central bolts out please tell me how to get them out!!!

Really TIA!

I have this problem (removing the bolts) and can't seem to get past it. I was going to just weld small blocks of steel inbetween the front IRS mount and the frame of the car.

I ended up grinding off the bolt on one side but the IRS still won't drop, can't get to the bolt to remove it so it can be replaced. I'd like to do this right and even have rust free brackets, bolts, etc... just can't the OE stuff apart.

Would someone who has gone through getting stubborn, rusted tight IRS central bolts out please tell me how to get them out!!!

Really TIA!

Here's a thread I started on another board.

http://www.lincolnvscadillac.com/showthread.php?t=77102

Back