Firm ride light

89tbirdsc

I've read the FAQ and several posts on this subject but it says to turn the key, don't start the car and count the flashes... 1-4 indicates which shock has issues. I've never had my "Firm Ride" light flash with the engine off... My '89 SC flashes with the car running and it flashes 6 times (maybe 1 flash in-between, I can't remember). It doesn't do it all the time only intermittently. What does this mean?

Thanks in advance!

when it flashes it means one of the shocks or steering or brakes isnt showing firm ride . i think 1 flash is left front 2 is right front 3 is left rear 4 is right rear . its been a long time i could be wrong , i mostly just check each shock and make sure its working

ralph

EVO stands for Electronic variable orifice. Have you ever notice at high speed it seems like your steering wheel gets stiffer to move? Well that is the evo pretty much tuning your power steering in to manual steering. The same sensor that turns the evo on also turn the firm ride on in auto mode. So that is how it is connected to the firm ride.

when i unplugged me steering sensor or speedometer speed sensor , it was hard to drive at hiway speed it steers to easy

ralph

Yea that would be a tell tell to see if the evo is not working at all. If it steers super easy at high speed then the evo is shot.

That's backwards for me... it seems a little too stiff at slower speeds. But not that bad...

This just started recently... and I haven't really noticed a difference either way.

Back