Ride quality ?

sc91gt

Hello, years ago I had a 94 lx v8 bird. I had eibach springs and standard shocks and struts installed on it. Also had 16" AR wheels with 245/55 tires I think. It rode perfect! soaked up bumps, smooth, and still firm enough. Handled great, and had a lower-better stance. Now on my 90 sc I have replaced most everything New tokico shocks/struts with tokico lowering springs. It doesn't sit as low or level(right side is a little higher) Seems to have same body roll and the ride is somewhat harsh over bumps. Also put my stock wheels back on and only made a little difference from the 20". My lx was smooth. ? So I guess what I am trying to figure out from your guys experience/opinion is, harsh ride a product of the tokico shocks, or the springs? I kinda want to put eibachs in because I've had good luck with them, but if the harsh ride is from the shocks, I might just wait till I'm bored to do it. Thanks on advance, Shawn.

Also, I am curious if there is a trick, easier way to install the oil pressure sender? I did a search and found it is possible but not much to explain how. I tried sockets, combo wrench, ect... ?

Can't speak to the Tokicos or Eibachs, but the H&R progressive springs on my '90 Base car were night and day with the stock springs- that is, the stock springs were floaty and smooth around town, the H&Rs were much more harsh.

Figured it out

Well those Ahole, idiot, dirtbag, ~~~ at tire kingdom did it again. When I brought my car and box of collected parts in, I told them to leave the sway bar stuff, I would do that myself. I had new endlinks and poly bushings from SCP. So 4hrs later I get a call from the guy at tire kingdom telling me that the sway bar bushing are too small. I told him to leave them alone they need to be opened up from 25mm to 29mm to fit. He said he will get it done, he already have them out. So many miles, Poor ride quality, harshness, odd handling, and new sway bar endlinks clattering again I decide to see whats going on. Pulled the endlinks off and grabbed the swaybar and was locked into place by the bushings! So I pulled the bushings and they were at 25mm. I clearanced the bushings to 29mm and put in a second set of endlinks and its a totally new ride. Smooth ride, harshness is gone, corners great. So far in the Charleston, SC area tire kingdom, geralds and hay tire can go eat a dk. Anybody know of any good shops in this area please let me know.

well i got a full shop lifts and everything first exit in Ga. if your coming south on I-95 its exit 109 shops a quarter mile down i own and work on sc's doing head gaskets on mine right now. i would say im about an hour and and half from you. call me if you need anything #912-678-6687 jeff :)

Dude, I had tears welling up in my eyes when I read this!:D Back in WA I take my cars over to my friends shop and work on them. I always bring them coffee and usually end up helping them on customers cars, and they always have no problem with me using an empty lift. I will be collecting some more parts and definitely give you a call. Thank you! Shawn.
well i got a full shop lifts and everything first exit in Ga. if your coming south on I-95 its exit 109 shops a quarter mile down i own and work on sc's doing head gaskets on mine right now. i would say im about an hour and and half from you. call me if you need anything #912-678-6687 jeff :)

Dang, wish you were closer to me.

I could use a lift available this weekend :(

RwP

Can't speak to the Tokicos or Eibachs, but the H&R progressive springs on my '90 Base car were night and day with the stock springs- that is, the stock springs were floaty and smooth around town, the H&Rs were much more harsh.

Really ? I couldn't tell any differince after installing the H&R springs on my 91...BTW, I kept the stock shocks.

David

Really ? I couldn't tell any differince after installing the H&R springs on my 91...BTW, I kept the stock shocks.

David

Yeah. My car had ~50k miles on it when I put in H&Rs (base V6) w/ OEM shocks and everyone commented on how much more rough my car rode. It wasn't like slammed-to-the-ground-ricer, feel-every-pebble-in-the-pavement stiff, but it was certainly much more harsh than stock (225/60 R15 tires on stock rims, FWIW). That car does handle quite nicely, though.

Back