shock part number.

cougar20th

can anyone tell me what the motor craft part number for the shocks for a 89 sc would be.

im trying to get some and the partnumber of the ones i am looking at are AS-175 and i dont know if they are for the sc

hello??? look at the thread "part number listings" at the top of the page.

sorry, i just have to.

especially because i put that part number in there

jim

They aren't listed specifically for 89, but these later ones will do the same job, and are cheaper in Canada than the 89 shocks, hopefully it's the same case in the U.S.

Try F1SZ 18124 B for the front,
and F0SZ 18125 B for the rear

cheers
Ed N.

The REAR shocks for the 89 T-Birds are discontinued.
i just went throught this and i went with Tokico's

I like em so much im gonna do the fronts now too

Todd

Motorcraft Shocks

The Motorcraft Website lists OE replacement shocks for the 1989 Thunderbird SC as follows:

Front: AM-81G
Rear: AS-176 (Not AS-175)

I just bought some rears off of eBay for my '90 SC and it appears that '89's use different Ford and Motorcraft P/N's for whatever reason. I'm guessing that there is some kind of difference even if it's only "Internal". The rears for my '90 are AS-263.

AS-175 is listed by Motorcraft as:

[Sure Trackers Gas Charged Shock Absorber] Gas-Charged; Rear; Exc. S/Coupe

It appears that they would work for std. T-Birds without Automatic Ride Control.

I have a couple of NEW AS-263's for sale if you can determine that they would work on your '89 ok.

Motorcraft Shocks

Sorry for assuming you have a T-Bird. My answer still Applies for Cougars & XR7's as well.

AS-263 is the Motorcraft # for the F0SZ 18125 B that I listed ... they will work fine in any 89 - 95 SC car with auto. ride control.

The 94 - 95 cars had a bit softer valving, but that's about the only difference.

cheers
Ed N.

sorry i didnt even think to look at the sticky. i was asking because i had a chance to get the ones with the part number for cheap. but had a feeling they where wrong. which i guess they are for normal birds.

Sorry, I didn't see you mention the AS-175 number in your original post ... that number definitely is for 89 T-Bird and Cougar, NON XR-7 or SC

cheers
Ed N.

Back