PDA

View Full Version : Checking in

Psycho1
10-13-2011, 09:17 AM
Hello all, newbie to this forum from Rock Hill, SC. My name is John.

I picked up a '91 SC for the wife 2 years ago when we lived in OR. When we bought it, there were only 64k original miles showing on the odometer. It was owned by an elderly woman until a good friend of mine bought it (it had been parked for several years once the woman could no longer drive it), then promptly sold it to me for what I think was a great price ($2500). It has an auto trans, which we had rebuilt last year, and the body was 100% dent and ding free until a hail storm last April did some small damage to the hood and roof.

I stumbled across this forum while looking for parts and decided to join. There are a few minor issues with the car I need to address (cracked drivers side exhaust manifold, auto mode not working on the shocks, and speedo reading out of whack) in order to keep the wife from getting irritated and selling it off. Once I get the current issues fixed, I am hoping to do some mild performance mods.

Looking forward to sharing info with other members here, and also noticed a few members in my area.

the-big-e
10-13-2011, 09:25 AM
Welcome to the club.....

My shop is in Rock Hill near City Park off Red River Rd.

I can help you with the cracked exhaust manifold...:p

Psycho1
10-13-2011, 09:27 AM
Good to know lol. One of your parting out threads is what brought me here in the first place.:D

sc4u2nv
10-13-2011, 10:19 AM
Welcome!!!!

1HUMINBIRD
10-13-2011, 10:33 AM
Welcome. I recently moved to the Rock Hill, SC area myself (Lake Wylie, SC).

Psycho1
10-13-2011, 10:50 AM
Nice, I spend as much time as I can up at Lake Wiley on my jetskis with the wife and kids. Usually launch the ski's at Ebenezer Park.