Larger Tires

SuperDad

I know this has been beaten to death already, but I could not find my answer searching through old threads.... Can I put a TALLER tire on my 95 SC stock 16" rim? Say...255/65-16. Disreguarding any performance & purely for looks... how tall & wide can I go in the wheel wells? My goal is to fill up the fenders. I went with 245/50-16's a few years ago, not knowing anything & not realizing they are SMALLER (about 1 inch in height) than stock! Any thoughts?
Thanks

I have 235/60-16 on my SC. They fill up the wheel wells a little better than the 245/50-16s that I used to have. My ride height is stock.

235/65/16

i went with 235/65/16 on stock rims in hopes of achieving the same results as you and seems good they are 1 inch taller but believe width is same looks better to me but depends on your individual perception. the crazy thing with this is now my odometer is dead on with mph. call it a fluke but according to gps odometer reads correct assuming gps is correct.. with stock size it used to be off about 3 mph at 60 and above..this seemes to be the best size without going larger on rims .. any larger on stock rims would seem to much like truck tires anyway thats my 2 cents

I ran 255/55/16 year sago and they were pretty cool. I believe there is also a 245/55/16 out there. Honestly I wouldnt go taller 3/4" drop will fill the wheel wells!

GREAT feedback guys, really helpful, thank you, Its good to know that I can atleast go... 235/65-16 (anlo). Now, always trying to push the limit, do you think 245/65 or 255/65 would work? :eek:

Last edited:
when you go taller and wider you may have interference issues besides handeling issues so Id be very carefull with going taller and wider at the same time.

I appreciate that & I don't want any clearance problems. This is not a daily driver & I'm not really concerned with performance so much anymore, (I've had my way with her & it's time to give her a break) it's purely asthetics at this point. My SC looks like a skateboard right now with the 245/50's IMO.

when you go taller and wider you may have interference issues besides handeling issues so Id be very carefull with going taller and wider at the same time.

Back