Not SC but 5.0, engine builders help

90turbo1

So i am assembling another 5.0 for a different project, this one completely rebuilt... thats another story.

my question is the rods.

i got a new (not reconditioned) set of F2TE-BA rods to use. (arp bolts of course)

my question is the orientation of the rods on the crank. I have read and usually follow this that one side of the rod has a chamfer and the other side is machined flat, you put the chamfer towards the crank and the flat sides together. simple yes. Now these are new rods, so they are not marked stamped or anything and i am looking at them and I dont see a chamfer on them it appears that both sides are machined flat....

I know the pistons go arrow towards the front so thats a no brainer. but the rods are throwing me for a loop.

anyone have input on this.

oh yeah its a 1984 block (grand marquis was the car but that doesnt matter)

thanks

Send me a picture.
Should be tangs to the outside of motor. But new ford rods should be numbered

Set the bearing in them they should be offset some

i think i figured it out, i looked at my post and i miss typed it, there is a chamfer on both sides of the rods, I think i typed there was none on either.

but after setting the bearings in i can clearly see the offset now.

but strange there are no numbers what so ever just the ford casting numbers on bottom of cap, and side of rod. and a ford emblem.

sides of journals are not stamed at all. with nothing.

You are correct the large chamfer faces the outside it will be against the sides of the journal never should it be facing inwards

Back