c@l 80 mm maf

ganuolfthegrey

what sample tube should i be using for 50 pound injectors.

i used to have a 76 C@l maff with purple sample tube and the same 50 pound injectors on the old motor.

the car only run's 15 to 30 sec's at a time WITH OUT THE TUNE.
When trying to run the tune. it runs for about the same time he told me. but it's not long enough for anything to register so he can make change's .

mod's are 10% pulley 95-sport blower, mp plenum
75mm tbody
3.5 inch mp intake
80mm c@l maff ,purple tube,ford electronics
50 pound injectors
255lph fuel pump
taylor wires____ couple years old
ngk iridium plug's gapped at 0.35
new crank sensor
cam sensor
new knock sensor
1.73 roller rockers
comp cam, comp behive springs
bigger valves
ported heads
ported intake
wiesco pistions
scatt rods
bhj balancer
march underdrive pulleys
kenny wagner dic with fan
snow meth kit but not hooked back up yet.
ported exhaust manifolds,gutted cat's ,mid mount flowmaster and a true bendz duel exhaust kit.
3:73 rear gear ,2800 stall b@m holeshot converter with anti balloning plates.
here is the cam model http://s978.photobucket.com/albums/...ads and cam/?action=view&current=motor006.jpg

12.5's and 300+ hp here i come i hope. know if he can just get it tuned and 1,500 mile of break in time.

Last edited:
the sample tube is a restrictor for the injector size, it decreases the airflow through the sensor at the same rate of the increase of injectors

fuel is calculated by airflow and injector size, so by increasing the injectors a set percentage and reducing the airflow by the same percentage the output is theoretically equivalent, it works fairly well but isn't perfect

you should really consider getting yourself a quarterhorse and just telling the ecu the actual airflow and injector size, problem solved

he's tuning it not me, im not spending anymore money to change 2 a qh.
I don't have a laptop.I DON'T WANT TO LEARN QH AND NO NOTHING ABOUT TUNING.

i want to know what sample tube i need for the maff and 50 pound injectors.

Like I said the purple is the largest sampling tube that is needed. It is what every one is using with injectors 42 or larger. As for tuning it with QH1 I have a laptop and BE is on it. I am learning how to tune with BE. But I have to get my car back up and running first.

Last edited:
The purple isn't the largest, but your car isn't going to move enough air to outflow the range the purple sample tube will give you, so go ahead and use it in the bigger MAF. I was running an MPX at 20% OD and moving A LOT of air compared to your setup and I still had some room with the purple tube on an 85mm C&L.

To accurately datalog your car to tune it properly you need the equipment to do so, and the only option out there worth considering is the QH. There is a lot of folks around here that have no interest in learning to tune, but have bought the QH so they can give their tuner the ability to actually datalog the car and tune it properly.

Fraser

I have discovered over the years that some tuners are very arrogant and won't accept that there might be a better way of doing things. It's not worth anyone's time to fight it. It's too bad though for the vehicle owner because you end up paying more for an inferior tune.

Believe me, I've been in their shoes. I've tuned literally hundreds of SC's blind, just like Diablo and SCT are, but now that I've "seen the light" with the QH, I will never go back. Each to their own.

Back to the original poster's question. The 80mm C&L does not have any calibrations for any SC injector sizes. C&L never developed any, I've never bothered either. With the 80MM MAF I always used either a red or green tube and that was generally always with 60lb injectors. Not that it matters that much, but the point is I've never worked with a purple tube in an 80MM. Currently we are using the 85MM with purple tube and I do have a calibration from C&L on that one. But it doesn't do you any good on an 80MM.

Your tuner should be able to tune the 80MM with purple just fine though. If not, well......

Back