For Sics6 (supercharger modding)

94v6kid09

Over the past few days I have been chatting with a member here about modifying his return plenum and doing a little porting and polishing on the supercharger.

This is what arrived today:

As of right now the plans are to strip down the supercharger and do something pretty with the port work.

New needle bearings, solid coupler and viton seal are in order as well.

Thanks Sics6
I will keep this updated!!!
-James

Excited

I'm pretty stoked about how things will progress, I've been admiring the work you've done in your other projects. There was a small issue with my raised hat and return plenum, but I hope to be getting those to u this week.

got started today everything went pretty well after I fought with one of the bolts for about an hr ended up breaking 2 10mm sockets.

first thing was to clean and finish/even out the port work on inlet and outlet.

The case is now soaking in tal-stripII, snout still needs a little more attention some of the paint refused to go away, and the rotor pack is paintless and ready for polishing

Needle bearings were shot in this one

This is what I did as far as the port work goes.

porting job

Wow what a difference in porting work. You really cleaned that up. Looking good.

not sure if you can tell from the pics but the original port work was off center on the inlet as well as the outlet

Nice work

That looks great! Just curious, what did you use to clean up the inside of the supercharger? I'm thinking of doing the same thing with mine. What would you charge to do another M90? You can PM me a price if you want.

I can't wait to see the return plenum.

Thanks!

I think you can port a little more and square it off a little bit. But thats an excellent job you did. That rotor pack is junk. Notice how it groved the bore. I would source another pack even if its not coated, the bearings in the front plate have too much play.

That port job looks really good though. You should search for the pictures from Manny where he put all of the MP ports side by side.

Thanks I just finished the mp plenum will get some final pics of it tonight,

The rotor pack is no spring chicken but I believe it still has some life in it, not a whole lot of play in it, im thinking maybe something just got caught back there, there was all kinds of trash on the rotors and that back area before I cleaned it.

Here is the case all stripped down after port work, still need to blend the inlet with the mp plenum...

And the plenum

and from these pics you can see there is still some blending to do but thats all been taken care of

well thats that till later tonight I guess....

Sic6

Sic6 I dont think it will be wise for me to open up to 85mm, from reading Dave N's post on his 95mm TB upgrade he states that it isnt as simple as making the current opening biger you need the TB to figure out placement, and now that I think about it my 75mm was to the left and up a bit from the stock tb bore.

Sic6 I dont think it will be wise for me to open up to 85mm, from reading Dave N's post on his 95mm TB upgrade he states that it isnt as simple as making the current opening biger you need the TB to figure out placement, and now that I think about it my 75mm was to the left and up a bit from the stock tb bore.

That only applies to the 95mm TB, going from 75 to 85 won't be a problem..just needs a bigger hole.

David

huh I havent even measured the id of the plenum lol thansk david

and I was referring to my stock plenum going to a 75 but then again I used the 94 gt tb for my setup (not a tbird owner any more lol)

thanks for the feedback guys, I cant wait to send this piece back to its owner:D

Well all the surfacing is done on the case itself I am taping it up now and going to paint it as soon as all this rain lets up.

the plenum will be getting paint as well along with the snout

seal retainer clip needle bearings and coupler shipped from spinning wheels today.

here's the eye candy (not polished yet but its super smooth)

Back