I'm a dad!

Melon

SCCoA Member
It's been an interesting trip to get there, especially this last week (wow.. that's all I have to say haha)

318632_10150863977125717_605800716_21186556_1236355598_n.jpg

Emmeritt James (EJ) was born Wednesday at 2:47pm - 6lbs, 11oz and 19" long :)

He had a slightly collapsed lung when he was born - the doctors just said 30%, but for a little guy like him, it was made our hospital worried. They aren't really equipped to handle an infant, especially one with respiratory problems. He was transferred to a hospital in Omaha last night at 7pm and my dad and I followed him down. Between the initial X-Ray that was taken, the 2nd one taken around 530, and the last one taken around 8, each one showed improvement so the doctors decided to observe him and see if he continued to improve on his own. Which he did! He was taken off the oxygen hood - CPAP type thing to give him the oxygen - and was breathing "room air" as of 4am Thursday morning. Another health issue has come up and we are waiting for answers on that (though we think we may know the answer) but otherwise, he's doing great!

Mom was discharged Friday morning and went to the NICU in Omaha to see him and has barely left his side :) I know it's going to have sleepless nights, being broke, and other things but I'm looking forward to it all :D

Last edited:
thats awsome that he is ok man! Congrats on being a dad my wife and I also have our first Emma Jo (EJ) lol on the way sometime in the next couple of weeks.

Congrats! I hope you watched him being born! I must say its been the happiest day of my life watching my son's birth, I wouldn't trade it for anything else in the world.

So...do you know how it happened? My wife says that is odd for a child. Was he early?

Gladd it is just going well so far.

SWS

My first son spent his first week in the NICU also .. the docs said maybe he inhaled some fluid during birth, so they wanted to keep an eye on him.

Congradulations .. kids are fun .. LOL ;)

- Dan

Congradulations, and hope all turns out well with the other condition you mentioned testing for. The wife and I became grandparents for the first time June 30th.

John

From one new father to another congrats! With my wife being of the high risk catagory I totally understand what you are going through. We had a very tense couple of weeks before the birth of our daughter. My worst fear was going through what you are now. Thankfully we did not. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Thanks guys :D

So...do you know how it happened? My wife says that is odd for a child. Was he early?

Gladd it is just going well so far.

SWS

He was considered full term (39 weeks) and if I understood the doctor right, he said that a small percentange of all newborns have the partially collapsed lung and is very small - less than 10%. With the help from an oxygen hood, the lung fixed itself :)

Congrats! Glad to hear that he is bouncing back from that little set-back. Here's to continued health and happiness!

:DAndy Congrats!!!! Although wondering how you are posting?!?!?! You should be so deprived of sleep right now readying and typing should be out of the question.;)

Back