Problem with fuel relay/pump

TBirdSC89

A couple years ago a mechanic grounded the relay assembly under the interia switch to the body, since the relay was bad and the engine wasn't getting fuel. I replaced the relay and inertia swtich since the button on that broke, but no fuel still, even when I grounded the relay. Not hearing the pump come on either, been checking all fuses and relays and connections. Anyone else had a bad relay with these kinda issues?

Ryan H

A couple years ago a mechanic grounded the relay assembly under the interia switch to the body, since the relay was bad and the engine wasn't getting fuel. I replaced the relay and inertia swtich since the button on that broke, but no fuel still, even when I grounded the relay. Not hearing the pump come on either, been checking all fuses and relays and connections. Anyone else had a bad relay with these kinda issues?

Ryan H

What's the voltages around the relay? At the pump?

Harbor Freight sells multimeters for under $10, amazing how having info makes troubleshooting SO much easier, and makes it where trouble is less likely to shoot back :D

RwP

I agree completely that's the route I wanna take, I'd rather check than replace things without knowing. Can anyone recommend a good link or guide to troubleshooting electrical and computers/components in cars? It's something I want to learn its my downside to working with this car. Much appreciated

i have a ford thunderbird factory electrical vaccum and troubleshooting manual i would sell if you were intrested

$50 shipped to you

if you can learn to read wire diagrams this will easily help you figure out any issues with your car

that reminds me i think i have one somewhere in my house, i been doing all this work on my car without one. if i need one ill pm you and buy it, thanks two tone

Back