End link Grease?

sc91gt

Today I was replacing the rear swaybar endlinks with a rebuild kit from SCP, and it said to grease with supplied grease. Well, there was none supplied. What type of grease is recomened? Thanks, Shawn.

I have some Lucas synthetic hi temp grease for axles and wheel bearings and such. I just thought I remember hearing that certain greases can damage bushings?

Another question, with both endlinks off how easy should it be to move the sway bar up and down? or how much tension should be on it? I have new poly swaybrar bushings in from score too.

I have some Lucas synthetic hi temp grease for axles and wheel bearings and such. I just thought I remember hearing that certain greases can damage bushings?

Another question, with both endlinks off how easy should it be to move the sway bar up and down? or how much tension should be on it? I have new poly swaybrar bushings in from score too.

How easy depends on the bushings. Typically, it's positionable, but not flopping about.

If it flops about, your bushings are shot.

If you can't move it back and forth, the bushings are too dry :D

If you can't find it, the end links and brackets were broken and it fell off :D:D

If you're doing the back swaybar bushings, check out what DLF has done to reinforce the rear mount for the generic greaseable bushings.

Also, I'm using a moly-lithium blend (strangely, the Valvoline "Ford Recommended" is such a blend, although I'm not using theirs) on my bushings. The end links are recommended to leave dry by Energy Suspension (hmmm ... Ah, here's a link: http://www.energysuspensionparts.com/Installation_Instructions/Energy_Suspension/17248.pdf )

RwP

Cool. Thanks. No it doesn't flop about I can move it up or and it stays where u let go. Just thought they were supposed to be fixed.:)

Cool. Thanks. No it doesn't flop about I can move it up or and it stays where u let go. Just thought they were supposed to be fixed.:)

Well, it's not broken, that fixed enough? :D

Seriously - if they were fixed, all the torsion would be in the arm from the bushing. No, they float in the bushing so the whole length can serve as a torsion rod. That also relieves stress at the bushing mounts (which doesn't mean there ISN'T any, but that it's not as bad as if it were fixed ... )

Besides, if it were fixed, how would it allow the wheels to drop when you lifted it on a 4 point lift?

RwP

Back