please help

a70olds

i have been a mechanic for 14 yrs have worked on many cars just cant figure this one out i have a 90 sc just bought a month ago had it park in driveway came out and a puddle of brake fluid under car mastercylinder was empty i filled it back up now the brake light and abs light is on the abs computer is gone not installed brake pedal is very hard was working normal before puddle of fluid was found any ideas?

Sounds like the front seal on the pump motor is bad....

If brake fluid gets into the pump motor, it will cause corrosion and lock the motor up....

found the leak this morning a little rubber hose coming from under the resevoir going down and in towards back of master cylinder going to fix that and refill master cylinder hopefully it will take care of problem going to get a abs computer at junk yard this weekend
:rolleyes:

Use a hose that can handle brake fluid....

Let me know if you can't find an ABS computer.....

I have a few of them.....

cool thanks i let you know there is 5 sc in the junk yard in atlanta ga i know one of them has it in there still because i seen it that was before i pulled the black thing down to change a radio amp and found no abs computer what you want for one in case it is gone.

ahh yes the first thing with a new sc is almost always the abs... you're in good hands with the big-E he's the man when it comes that. :D

Back